Design Layout Team Lead (Joint Design Organisation)
The Joint Design Organization (JDO) is an integrated team composed of teams from: the HPC Client (NNB), who leads the JDO; EPR-e and Contractors who have carried out the detailed design studies. As part of its scope of delegation, JDO provides technical support at the HPC EPR site for the resolution of the various challenges and issues arising during the construction phases and later during the testing and commissioning operations.
The position of “Layout Team Lead” aims at support the field design activities and particularly manage layout subjects which imply several disciplines on the allocated buildings or area (ex: NI or CI-BOP).
Within this organization the JDO Layout Team Lead reports to the JDO Layout Discipline Lead. The position is located on Hinkley Point C construction site.
The JDO Layout Team Lead works on technical topics related in the scope of works of the Responsible Designer for the group of buildings allocated. Those topics relate to field events such as Open Point (OP), Design Change, Request For Information (RFI), Field Change Request (FCR) and Non-Conformance Report (NCR). In this context the JDO Layout Team Lead is responsible for:
- Leading the quality relative to modification of the design on the allocated scope
- Leading and monitoring requests in his scope of delegated authority,
- Challenging requests and any other topics from the contractors and HPC.
- Assigning activities to Layout Building Lead and potentially directly to Layout Engineer (depending on the autonomy of the Engineer, should be necessary to give a clear definition, a level of priority and a deadline)
- Managing and arbitrating workload
- Detailing, proposing solutions and coordinating the resolution of requests with staff in other JDO-DT discipline and/or in the back-offices,
- Check the activities performed by other Layout Engineer to guaranty a high level of quality and right first Time
- Guaranty a uniformity of treatment of Layout queries on the allocated scope
- Leading UK-DC and OPM action in Layout scope to respect the Closure need date.
- Support the JDO discipline lead regarding the overall needs of the discipline (production, training, quality, recruitment)
Acting under delegation of the JDO Layout Disciplines Lead, the JDO Layout Team Lead may be responsible for:
- Approving JDO-DT site query answer.
- Approving update of deliverables previously issued by the back-office teams and updated by the JDO teams
- Gathering all OPEX in Layout scope and put in place action to improve the team (quality, delivery.
Making sure that methods, referential, tools, process and delegated authority from the back-office teams are complied with.
The JDO Layout Team Lead should also be involved in the development of the Layout discipline within the JDO. In this context the JDO Layout Team Lead is responsible for:
- Contributing to the application of RD tools & Methods within the Design team of the JDO (OPM, UK-DC)
To be considered we require the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Science, engineering degree or equivalent
- A wealth of experience in design and/or Layout topics in the following disciplines: civil work, layout, piping, HVAC, Elec
- Deep knowledge and understanding of layout rules for Nuclear project
- Knowledge of the general operation of nuclear power station and the associated safety aspects (in particular, aspects relating to flooding, fire, radiological protection, etc.)
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D design software
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Knowledge of the HPC project or previous EPR and associated studies/doctrine is a real asset
- Experience in the management of transverse technical topics
- Excellent Interpersonal skills, conscientiousness, organisation, writing ability.
- Good organizational, writing and oral expression skills in English are essential for the realization of the activities of document production, steering and interfaces with the various correspondents.
- Ability to prioritise, to manage numerous interfaces, to question and understand the imperatives of other disciplines.
- Ability to meet commitments and deadlines.
This position will be based at our Aztec West offices in Bristol with hybrid working available (min 3 days in office)
Spezialität: TAA - Leitung des Engineerings und Systemengineerings
Bildungsstufen (alle) Bachelor
Ort : Vereinigtes Königreich, Europa, Aztec West
Beschäftigungsniveau: Non cadre
Entdecken Sie Framatome
Framatome baut Kernkraftwerke und liefert Ausrüstung, Dienstleistung und Brennelemente für hohe Sicherheit und Leistung.