EDF EPR Engineering UK (EPR-E) is a subsidiary of Edvance, which is a joint venture between EDF and Framatome, established in 2018 in charge of the design and the realisation of nuclear islands for new projects in France and worldwide.
In particular, EPR-E is responsible for the design and construction of the nuclear island for Hinkley Point C (HPC) project and preparing the design replication and engineering activities for the Sizewell C (SZC) Project.
Due to the ongoing of our projects, we are recruiting of a Fire Engineer to be based at our Aztec West Offices. We offer flexible. Hybrid working (min 3 days per week in office) with occasional visits to France.
The Fire Engineer conducts internal studies on all the buildings for which EDF EPR Engineering UK is responsible, to ensure that safety functions are still carried out in the event of a fire occurring within the plant.
The Fire Engineer works in conjunction with Building Leaders, the safety team, the systems engineers, civil engineers and plant layout engineers.
Key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
Identification of risks:
Using the 3D model, calculation methodologies and fire requirements issued by the architect engineer or the client, the Fire Engineer:
- Analyses the 3D model and identifies the various combustible materials present in each area.
- Performs temperature change calculations over time for a simulated fire (modelling of various situations using the MAGIC software).
- Studies the risk of damage to certain systems (functional redundancy).
- Monitors and includes in the models the changes issued by all the engineering teams (change of positioning of cable trays, electrical cabinets, ventilation ducts, etc.)
- Recommends protection solutions to prevent an outbreak of fire or to make it improbable.
- Divides all buildings into zones for fire protection purposes.
- Recommends fire detection and firefighting methods for the quickest possible detection and response
- Performing fire protection calculations using specific software
- Assessing and providing justifications for departures from BS9999
To be considered, we require the following Qualifications, experience and skills
- Engineer qualified to degree level or equivalent specializing in safety and/or fire protection technologies
- Knowledge of ETCF (EPR technical code for fire)
- Experience and knowledge of UK Fire Regulations including BS9999
- Calculations relating to fire protection and ability to work with calculation tools.
- Ability to propose fire protection and detection solutions.
- English speaker
- French is advantageous
The postholder should be conscientious, enthusiastic about the subject with good interpersonal skills. They should have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- English fluent
- French is a bonus
Spezialität: W1 - Schutzeinrichtungen
Bildungsstufen (alle) Bachelor
Ort : Vereinigtes Königreich, Europa, Aztec West
Beschäftigungsniveau: Ingénieur & Cadre
Entdecken Sie Framatome
Framatome baut Kernkraftwerke und liefert Ausrüstung, Dienstleistung und Brennelemente für hohe Sicherheit und Leistung.