Head of PMO
Due to our ongoing growth, we are looking to recruit a Head of PMO.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the head of PMO will be primarily responsible for effectively managing the PMO organisation to ensure the business needs are satisfied in relation to project delivery across the BL.
In particular, you will ensure that the Project Management and Project Control capacities and capabilities are sufficiently developed and matured to deliver value to our customers and mitigate business risks for Framatome Ltd
The core operational areas of the business are new build projects, engineering projects and existing fleet services. Our business is delivered through projects and as such is requiring a very strong Project Management and Project Control culture. As part of our growth, we are looking to reinforce this aspect of the business creating a PMO organisation encompassing:
- The line management of senior PMs and PMs
- The line management of the Project Control team (incl. cost, schedule, risks, document management).
- The ownership of the Project related processes and reporting (for both management and control of projects) and associated tools/systems.
- The governance and assurance supporting the delivery of projects to the Operational Business Lines (BL).
- The implementation of tools and data supporting the overall resource planning of the business (between resource needs and business needs).
As such the Head of PMO will be the primary driver to develop a strong and integrated project management culture across Framatome Ltd in the UK. You will also liaise with Framatome in relation to Project Management global initiatives
The Head of PMO will work closely:
- With the Heads of BL to identify and allocate PMs to the projects related to their respective portfolio and adapt the PMO resources to the needs of the business.
- With the COO and Heads of BL to promote the development of integrated Project Management and Project Control practices within the company.
- With QHSE team to ensure the Project processes are documented, implemented and records are maintained according to our IMS and other Project Management requirements.
- With finance and HR team to optimise the flow of information from and to Projects related to cost, forecast, resources, etc.
- With resource managers to identify future technical and supporting resourcing requirements to allow adequate time for competence development
The Head of PMO will directly:
- Manage the project management team and ensure adequate resources and training is provided to deliver our projects and mitigate the risks for the company.
- Oversight the project control team and provides direction to develop and maintain the tools, systems and reports required to manage the projects individually, the project portfolios allocated to respective BL and the business operation overall.
A full comprehensive job description is available on request
To be considered, it is essential that you have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in highly regulated industries. Experience of Nuclear industry is highly desirable.
- Experience in managing complex projects and/or programs and/or project portfolios from a delivery perspective (Vast experience)
- Management of PM teams and experience of planning resources, workload management. (Vast experience)
- Strong knowledge and experience of implementing of project control processes, systems, and tools and understanding of finance, budget, and project accounting. Project management Certification (PMQ, working toward PPQ or equivalent)
- Knowledge of relevant ISO standards (ISO 9001, 14001, 45001,19443) and working knowledge of IMS systems
- Technical knowledge of some area of the business (engineering, manufacturing, supply of equipment, site management)
- Have very good understanding of finance, budget, and cost management
- A comprehensive understanding of the health, safety and environmental requirements of managing project (incl. CDM regulation)
- Experience and understanding of commercial and contract management (incl. NEC, FIDIC, ad hoc, etc.)
- Working experience with ERP (SAP preferable)
The following attributes are desirable:
- Passionate in developing and mentoring people
- Understanding of the key attributes of nuclear safety culture
- Understanding of the client side of Project Management
- Member of an appropriate professional body or working towards (CIOB, APM, PMI etc.)
- General understanding g of main codes and standards used in the nuclear industry and their respective areas (e.g. ASME, RCC, ISO 3834, ISO 1090, etc.)
- Understanding of performance management techniques (LEAN, Six Sigma)
- IOSH / NEBOSH safety certificate (highly desirable)
- CSCS Managers and Professionals Test
- Ability to oversight tenders and provides price estimates
Entdecken Sie Framatome
Framatome baut Kernkraftwerke und liefert Ausrüstung, Dienstleistung und Brennelemente für hohe Sicherheit und Leistung.