We are currently recruiting for an IT Manager to be based at our Head Office in Avonmouth.
The IT Manager will provide the main support for the Avonmouth site and will manage the local network infrastructure, ensuring its health and compliance, support the PC fleet and the 300 users of the Framatome IT network on this site.
The IT Manager will also have an oversight function for the Hinkley Point C site and the local IT support engineer.
As the IT Manager, you will be liaising with and reporting to the IT team in the Framatome Headquarters in Paris.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering the full scope of local IT support to Avonmouth users.
- Monitoring and maintaining networks and servers.
- Liaising and coordinating with other Framatome sites (Cranfield in particular) and the IT manager of this site.
- Upgrading, installing, and configuring new hardware and software to meet company objectives.
- Setting up and managing users needs e.g., PC, printers, badges etc.
- Managing end user’s rights on local infrastructure.
- Providing proximity gesture e.g. switches, servers, Wi-Fi access points etc.
- Resolving local incidents and creating action plans for fixes and continuous improvement.
- Working closely with the central IT teams in Paris, France, to deliver consistent policies, processes and practices where possible.
- Ensuring AD and exchange objects management in collaboration with AD and exchange central teams.
- Analyse user requests and effectively prioritise for time management and efficiencies.
- Implementing security protocols and procedures to prevent potential threats.
- Creating user accounts and performing access control.
- Performing diagnostic tests and debugging procedures to optimize computer systems.
- Documenting processes, as well as backing up and archiving data, guaranteeing compliance with the IT group rules.
- Developing data retrieval and recovery procedures
- Designing and implementing efficient end-user feedback and error reporting systems.
- Supervising and mentoring IT department employees, as well as providing IT support.
- Keeping up to date with advancements and best practices in IT administration.
- Managing site IT components stock (purchase and stock management).
- Delivering PC masteriqation, application unitary deployment, certificates download.
- Reporting to the central team on activities and escalating issues where beneficial
To be considered, we require the following skills and experience:
Positive attitude and desire to develop in a fast-paced growing business.
Experience in a similar role managing large quantities of users.
§ Solid knowledge of best practices in IT administration and system security.
Strong attention to detail.
High-level of self-motivation, independence, and self-reliance.
Confident communicator on the telephone and in person.
Analytical and problem-solving skills.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, information systems or similar.
French language skills
Spezialität: IS1 - Management der IS-Politik und der IS-Leistung
Bildungsstufen (alle) Bachelor
Ort : Vereinigtes Königreich, Europa, Avonmouth
Beschäftigungsniveau: Ingénieur & Cadre
Entdecken Sie Framatome
Framatome baut Kernkraftwerke und liefert Ausrüstung, Dienstleistung und Brennelemente für hohe Sicherheit und Leistung.