Framatome is a major international player in the nuclear energy market recognised for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for designing, building, maintaining, and advancing the global nuclear fleet. The company designs, manufactures, and installs components, fuel and instrumentation and control systems for nuclear power plants and offers a full range of reactor services.
With 14,000 employees worldwide, every day Framatome’s expertise helps its customers improve the safety and performance of their nuclear plants and achieve their economic and societal goals.
Framatome is owned by the EDF Group (75.5%), Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI – 19.5%) and Assystem (5%).
Due to our ongoing growth, we are currently recruiting a Method Engineer to support the preparation of all the Construction work within our scope.
The role is based on site at Hinkley Point C with occasional visits to our Office in Avonmouth, Bristol.
Reporting to the Head of Design the role will involve coordinating the Design Package to be installed on site, continuous liaisons with the Design Office, Site and any other department within Framatome Limited.
The Method Engineer has a primary role in defining the Site Activities methodology (installation and / or erection) and ensuring the required Temporary Works associated are completed and validated prior Construction Work.
The Method Engineer will be responsible for conducting studies related to designing, developing and amending processes over different phases of the Product Lifecyle.
The Method Engineer will constantly seek solutions to the problematics related to Site Activities, as well as capturing and compiling summaries and lessons learned about the operations conducted.
Details of the key responsibilities are as follows:
- Preparation and follow-up of Site Activities
- Ensuring Design, HSE, Site requirements are defined, gathered, prioritised and followed
- Preparation and follow-up of Site Activities
- Production of documentation that is comprehensive by the relevant
stakeholders, enabling the internal approval as well as acceptance by the
Customer when applicable.
- Maintaining an auditable configuration system within the Method Engineer
remit of Design and Method; enabling demonstration that the used Site
documentation (RAMS, ITP, Procedures, etc.) and Temporary Work are Fit
- Liaising and organising presentations and produce / check documentation prior to Site Activities (Method Statement, Temporary Work, Installation procedures / instructions, Installation drawing, etc.)
- Liaising with the Temporary Works Coordinator to define and specify the relevant Temporary Work, its category and following its development in support of the Site Activities; more specifically for Temporary Work requiring design, the Method Engineer must act as a “Product Manager”.
Ensuring all contributing stakeholders are given the right level of input for their own production
To be considered, we require the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Educated to degree level within a Mechanical and Structural Engineering discipline
- Design and Method processes knowledge and assurance
- Strong Temporary Work knowledge
- Ability to read and interpret Technical Drawing
- Writing Engineering Procedures
- Expert in HSE requirement & CDM regulations.
- Knowledge of BS 5975: 2019 is essential
- Construction Work in Nuclear or heavily regulated industry preferred.
- Previous involvement with Design Activities to incorporate Site related requirements.
- Experience of developing Temporary Works associated to the agreed Methodology.
- Experience of organising and / or participating in HSE Risk Design Reviews, Installation Method Reviews and Temporary Work Design Reviews.
- Experience of ensuring the Site specifications are taken into account for Design and Site Activities
- Previous contributions to challenging requirements to ensure any “out of scope” requirements are communicated to Project Team and relevant stakeholders for claim
- Working closely with all relevant stakeholders to clarify requirements that are requesting a Design Change where relevant.
- Experience of documenting Lessons Learned as well as gathering relevant requirements for future Site Activities.
- Eurocode 3 knowledge (desirable)
- For this opportunity nuclear experience is desirable but not essential.
Spezialität: TAD - Mechanisches Engineering
Bildungsstufen (alle) Bachelor
Ort : Vereinigtes Königreich, Bridgwater, Hinkley Point C
Beschäftigungsniveau: Ingénieur & Cadre
Von der Verwaltung untersuchter Posten: Oui
Stelle, die Drogentests im Rahmen der Suchtprävention erlaubt: Oui
Entdecken Sie Framatome
Framatome baut Kernkraftwerke und liefert Ausrüstung, Dienstleistung und Brennelemente für hohe Sicherheit und Leistung.