Plant Layout Engineer (Bristol)
Aztec West, Bristol
TA - DESIGN & ENGINEERING
As one of our Plant Layout Engineers, you will be in charge of production and monitoring of layout engineering studies for one or a set of buildings by proposing technical solutions.
This opportunity will see your career with Framatome begin on assignment to the EDVANCE UK EPR Design Centre – our joint venture with EDF.
Framatome has an international reputation for offering a large and diverse variety of career opportunities. Our focus is to attract highly talented individuals who share our values before promoting you through our internal development and career mobility opportunities.
Framatome will play a vital part in the delivery of Britain’s ambition to fight climate change and reach Net Zero emissions. It will bring together a number of supply and engineering firms Framatome.
For this opportunity nuclear experience is desirable but not essential. We encourage people from other sectors and the diversity of experience this adds.
As a team member within Framatome you will be expected to achieve success through your engagement with, and demonstration of, our Framatome values and behaviours.
The behaviours we identify in all our high performers include their abilities to:
- ensure safety, environment, and compliance
- customer orientation
- drive for results
- collaboration and teamwork
- inspirational leadership and change management
- enterprise perspective
- developing self and others
- holding self and others accountable
- decision making
Framatome has a set of example “observable behaviours” underpinning each of these and we will be looking for these during the selection phases.
General layout engineering:
Receives the input data for the layout engineering of the building (Process & Instrumentation Diagrams, equipment data, cable list, electrical load list), analyses them and verifies their technical consistency.
Carries out layout engineering or makes proposals to improve the layout on the following aspects:
- Lays out the various mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Design the pipes, HVAC ducts and electrical cable trays in the 3D model supported by CAD team
- Carries out checks of the consistency between the process & instrumentation diagrams and the 3D model.
- Is in charge of production of technical documents (progress reports, status reports, equipment introduction note, change impact analysis, design procedures, etc.).
- Issues the layout drawings to the various teams and coordinates their layout activities by ensuring compliance with the layout rules.
- Support and follow-up of execution design activities
Progress monitoring and change management:
- Manages and monitors the modifications requested by the various engineering teams.
- Anticipates and raises alerts on open technical points.
- Regularly carries out layout engineering reviews (with all the engineering teams involved).
- Prepares a regular status report on the model in the light of the latest input data.
Qualifications, knowledge & skills
- Degree qualified in appropriate technical discipline.
- Experience in one or several areas of engineering: piping engineering, mechanical, HVAC, safety etc.
- Good knowledge and understanding of general layout rules for an industrial project.
- Knowledge of the general operation of a nuclear power station and the associated safety aspects (in particular, aspects relating to flooding, fire, radiological protection, high energy line ruptures).
- Microsoft Word/Excel.
- Good knowledge of PDMS (or any 3D design software), AutoCAD 2D and Navisworks software (consultation).
- Fluent in English, French desirable.
- Good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
For this role we are offering a salary range of between £40,000 and £50,000 per annum, plus benefits, including, but not limited to:
- 25 days annual leave per year
- 8% employer pension contribution (salary sacrifice)
- Hybrid working opportunity
- Individual and family private health care
- Life assurance (4x salary)
- Employee assistance programme (EAP)
- Income Protection
- Professional Body Membership (1 per year)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Language Courses
- Plus more including access to training and development opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We value and plan to continue to build on the benefits of our diverse working environment and recognise a priority to improve gender mix.
Everyone will be considered without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
Spezialität: TAC - Tiefbau-Engineering, Auslegung und HVAC
Mindestniveau der Ausbildung erforderlich Bachelor
Ort : Vereinigtes Königreich, Bristol, Aztec West
Beschäftigungsniveau: Ingénieur & Cadre
Von der Verwaltung untersuchter Posten: Oui
Stelle, die Drogentests im Rahmen der Suchtprävention erlaubt: Oui
Entdecken Sie Framatome
Framatome baut Kernkraftwerke und liefert Ausrüstung, Dienstleistung und Brennelemente für hohe Sicherheit und Leistung.