Principal HVAC Engineer
Edvance is a joint venture between EDF and Framatome, an EPCC established in 2018 in charge of the design (basic design) and the realization (studies, procurement, erection, testing and commissioning) of nuclear islands for new projects in France and worldwide. Spearhead of the French nuclear industry, it aims through its objectives and challenges of economic competitiveness and performance, to position itself sustainably in nuclear markets internationally and those of the renewal of the French fleet.
In particular, Edvance is responsible for the design and construction of the nuclear island for the Hinkley Point C project and for the design of the EPR2, an optimized EPR model incorporating the feedback from the ongoing EPR projects. It will also carry out new nuclear offers and projects in France and abroad
We are looking to add to our current presence at Hinkley Point C and therefore require a Senior HVAC Engineer/ HVAC Expert to form a part of the “Construction Management Team”.
The Senior HVAC Engineer/ HVAC Expert will, on behalf on NNB (HPC), drive, help and support MEH alliance in order to:
- Anticipate operational constraints to and prepare HVAC activities
- Go beyond pure design conformity review and develop extensiveness of the review through a practical vision (by developing a data base for example)
- Assist, if necessary, on the other subjects of the CMT scope.
As part pf the CMT Team, CMT engineers will perform their work under the daily supervision and guidance of other members of the CMITIIM team (NNB team), which may belong to companies other than Edvance.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assessing HVAC requests coming from buildings HR, HK, HL and HW that may impact HVAC disciplines
- Assessing and listing the impacts of the site change on the HVAC, layout design and other contractors
- Producing technical assessment and solutions, with supporting justification (aeraulic calculation, anchor plates calculation, system analysis, interfaces, guaranty the design intent, update deliverables produced by the RD back-office if needed)
- Liaising with design R&D Back-Offices
- Liaising with relevant execution designer
- Liaison with NNB contract Team and construction Team
- Reporting to the HVAC Discipline Lead and raising alerts on any aspects of design
- Contributing to the closure of design open points after the delivery of HVAC design packages to site
- Being part of the relevant HVAC team, participating to Team meetings and sharing technical topics
- Surveillance on execution designer deliverable related to site request
- Opening the dedicated change process to launch the implementation of the impacts
- Manage change process and OPM, acting as the Design Change coordinator and OPM coordinator for HVAC topic
- Completing and maintaining CTS (Contract Transfer Sheet)
- Managing and monitoring the modifications requested by the various engineering teams and contractors
To be considered, we require the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Qualified to Degree Level and several years of experience in HVAC
- Experience in previous EPR or other nuclear projects
- Experience of nuclear site Engineering
- Good knowledge of 2D and 3D design software (AutoCAD, Navisworks)
- Experience on 3D model visualisation for layout analysis
- Good knowledge and understanding of general HVAC layout rules and HVAC system for a nuclear project
- Knowledge of the general operation of nuclear power station and the associated safety aspects (in particular, aspects relating to nuclear safety, flooding, fire, radiological protection, high energy line ruptures
- Experience in HVAC design or installation (desirable)
- Experience of UK design context and regulatory processes
- Previous experience of working at Hinkley Point C (desirable)
This is an excellent opportunity to become a valued member of our engineering team with a strong presence working alongside MEH Alliance. We are continuously expanding and looking for technical staff to compliment our growth.
Spezialität: TAC - Tiefbau-Engineering, Auslegung und HVAC
Bildungsstufen (alle) Bachelor
Ort : Vereinigtes Königreich, Bridgwater, Hinkley Point C
Beschäftigungsniveau: Ingénieur & Cadre
Von der Verwaltung untersuchter Posten: Oui
Stelle, die Drogentests im Rahmen der Suchtprävention erlaubt: Oui
Entdecken Sie Framatome
Framatome baut Kernkraftwerke und liefert Ausrüstung, Dienstleistung und Brennelemente für hohe Sicherheit und Leistung.