Programme Configuration Engineer (Civil)
EDF EPR Engineering UK (EPR-E) is the UK design and engineering entity for the new nuclear power stations at Hinkley Point C and Sizewell C. In particular, EPR-E is responsible for part of the design of the nuclear island for the Hinkley Point C (HPC) project and to prepare the design replication and engineering activities for the Sizewell C (SZC) Project.
For the SZC Project, work on the replication strategy and some early design studies are already underway and being delivered and managed from both France and the UK. The SZC project is managed by a project team, partly located in France and in the UK. The strategy for SZC is for most of the scope of Nuclear Island (NI) design replication activities to be led and managed in the UK from the Bristol office.
Plant Integration (PI) is a team being created with staff across the UK and France, for Sizewell C project.
For the SZC project, we are currently looking to recruit for the roles of Programme Configuration Engineers.
The SZC Project Client is organised through three Programmes: Civil, NI and CI/BOP (Conventional Island – Balance of Plant). Each programme is accountable for the delivery of an EPCC scope of work for SZC, according to the SZC Work Breakdown Structure.
The Programme Configuration Engineer is in charge of ensuring a strong connection with the SZC Co Delivery Programmes (NI, Civil, CI-BOP), to support SZC Co Engineering Integration in ensuring:
Overall control of Configuration topics within each programme, consistently with configuration and replication procedures:
- Production and assessment of KPIs/dashboards for each programme
- Interactions with any involved stakeholders to ensure progress, maturity and convergence on topics, specifically ensuring that all contributions both within EDF/Edvance Consortium and SZC Co Client Organisation are available on time and are consistent for presentation in relevant SZC Governance,
Replication packages (Input Data Gate Review / Design Replication Justification Report) are monitored, including where appropriate:
- Supporting the preparation of Input Data Gate Review e.g. checking that all configuration items have been captured, all stakeholders have been involved, a clear decision is proposed and possible by SZC Co during the meeting
- Attendance at Input Data Gate Review meetings
- Review of Input Data Gate Review (or other relevant) Minutes of Meetings,
- Ensuring processes have been appropriately followed
Technical topics are addressed at the right level and escalated if needed, with attendance to Programmes Multi-Disciplinary Team meeting as part of the SZC Collaboration Phase
To perform these activities, the Programme Configuration Engineers are interfacing with:
- SZC Co Programmes organisation,
- SZC Co Engineering Integration,
- EDF/Edvance design entities,
- SZC Co supply chain representatives
PI is part of the Technical Directorate of the NSA Consortium. Key responsibilities of the PI team are the implementation of the different configuration management processes, including HPC replication processes, across the project for the Client and EDF/EDV consortium (NSA) and monitoring the Design Performance Objectives as validated with the SZC Co Client Organisation.
The goal of the replication is to maximise reuse of HPC Design with a strong justification that it meets SZC site specific conditions, whilst controlling the replication baseline (HPC design) that may evolve because of SZC running in parallel of HPC. It is also to ensure that equipment are also replicated from HPC.
The goal of configuration management is to ensure a proper control of SZC baseline, from requirement to the physical product passing by design, inherited and replicated from HPC, and modified to comply with SZC site specific conditions or changes within the supply chain.
To be considered the following Qualifications, Experience and Skills are essential
- Experience (min 5 years) in the nuclear industry with a very good understanding of UK EPR technology
- Technical Integration / Configuration Management knowledge
- Ability to deal with multiple interfaces
- Organisational skills, capability to meet commitments and deadlines
- Leadership, pro-activeness
- Communication & interpersonal skills
Desirable Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Knowledge and understanding of nuclear engineering design sequences and interfaces
- French is a bonus
Spezialität: O3 - Effizienzunterstützung
Bildungsstufen (alle) Bachelor
Ort : Vereinigtes Königreich, Europa, Aztec West
Entdecken Sie Framatome
Framatome baut Kernkraftwerke und liefert Ausrüstung, Dienstleistung und Brennelemente für hohe Sicherheit und Leistung.