Senior Commissioning Electrical Engineer (Bristol)
Edvance is a joint venture between EDF and Framatome, an EPCC established in 2018 in charge of the design (basic design) and the realization (studies, procurement, erection, testing and commissioning) of nuclear islands for new projects in France and worldwide.
In particular, Edvance is responsible for the design and construction of the nuclear island for the Hinkley Point C (HPC) project and prepare the design replication and engineering activities for the Sizewell C (SZC) Project.
Due to our ongoing projects, we require a Senior Commissioning Electrical Engineer for our For the HPC project in January 2024.
Reporting to the HPC Commissioning Group Lead, Senior Commissioning Electrical Engineer will be responsible for the production of the commissioning documentation associated with the whole electrical scope of the HPC Nuclear Island project, spanning from 10KV AC to 220VDC included batteries – inverter and rectifier, and including Emergency Diesel Generators and station black-out generators.
The Senior Commissioning Engineer will support the wider Edvance commissioning team regarding all questions in interface with electrical commissioning discipline and will also support the customer for any question related to the preparation of the test execution.
The key duties, responsibilities and deliverables of the Senior Commissioning Electrical Engineer are as follows:
- Confirm the project data & internal organization with the discipline Lead (budget, time schedule, author – checker – approvers
- Identify the relevant stakeholders and means
- Check the maturity of the input data against reference configuration and/or upcoming changes
- Collect OPE
- Record risks in the related register and propose mitigation plan, if any
- Arrange pre-job brief / kick-off meeting
Open the study file
- Produce the deliverables in compliance with Edvance engineering procedures and taking into account OPEX from other EPR projects
- Get the deliverables checked by the relevant parties – resolve outstanding issues and comments
- Survey commissioning deliverables elaborated by others (e.g., contractors) with respect to project standards
- Feed the study file as tasks evolve
- Support I&C function tests at test bay (France) including test result assessment
- Report progress towards initial time schedule & budget
- Update risk register on a need basis
Close out phase
- Get approval of the deliverables by the relevant parties without comments (PTP, SAN, SCP and CP)
- Store both the above-mentioned deliverables and associated study files in the EDMS
The main stakeholders interfacing with the Senior Commissioning Electrical Engineer will be:
Client: NNB, the HPC LV and HV commissioning Manager and the Electrical Senior Commissioning Manager
Design, Commissioning, Configuration and Installation teams.
To be considered for this role, we require the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree qualified Engineer (in an appropriate scientific or engineering discipline)
- Proven successful experience in Nuclear Engineering
- Knowledge of EPR design, UK context is a plus
- Experience in multi-disciplinary teams on large projects
Knowledge of System Engineering principles
- Ability to take a strategic view with good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate at all levels,
- Motivated and disciplined with an ability to work to deadlines and prioritise work across multiple workstreams,
- Ability to write and review technical documents which present complex arguments clearly,
- Ability to take a proactive approach to management and resolution of technical topics,
- Strong organisational and communication skills, able to liaise between multiple stakeholders and maintain a clear overview for specific topics
- English fluent (minimum B2)
- French is a distinct advantage
Spezialität: TB3 - Tests und Inbetriebsetzung
Bildungsstufen (alle) Bachelor
Ort : Vereinigtes Königreich, Europa, Aztec West
Beschäftigungsniveau: Ingénieur & Cadre
Entdecken Sie Framatome
Framatome baut Kernkraftwerke und liefert Ausrüstung, Dienstleistung und Brennelemente für hohe Sicherheit und Leistung.