Edvance is a joint venture between EDF and Framatome, an EPCC established in 2018 in charge of the design (basic design) and the realization (studies, procurement, erection, testing and commissioning) of nuclear islands for new projects in France and worldwide.
In particular, Edvance is responsible for the design and construction of the nuclear island for the Hinkley Point C (HPC) project and prepare the design replication and engineering activities for the Sizewell C (SZC) Project.
Due to our ongoing projects, we require a Steelworks Engineer to join our JDO team on site at Hinkley Point C.
The Joint Design Office (JDO) is part of the HPC Engineering Directorate. Within its scope of delegated authority, the JDO provides technical support to the HPC site for the resolution of technical issues arising during construction works as well as erection, commission and testing. The JDO is also in charge of the resolution of open points and design changes.
As part of the Steelwork team, the key responsibilities will include:
- Modifying steelwork structure designs in RSTAB (Software Design tool) compliant with the ETC-C (EPR Design code), other relevant codes, with the support of Steelwork CAD
- Update calculation notes and other deliverables according to modifications
- Management of the interfaces with other discipline as piping, equipment, electrical and ventilation
- Maintaining the overall verification of the structures you will be responsible for.
- Managing topics in support of the project considering technical aspects, and schedules
- Managing the multiple stakeholders outside the engineering and part of the project
- Maintaining Company’s QA procedures in delivering the design
- Managing engineering changes in line with company procedures
- Liaising with colleagues in Back-office offices (Bristol, Paris or Tours in France),
Cost is not the direct responsibility of the position; however, the position holder’s decision contributes to the cost of the building.
To be considered, we require the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Experience in design of metallic structure
- Experience in complex structure
- Experience in detailed design or conceptual design in an office or on a civil construction site
- Experience on project dealing with interfaces
- Engineer with experience on nuclear structures on HPC or other nuclear projects (preferred)
- Experience with on site design support (preferred)
- Experience on wide projects (preferred)
- French speaker (advantageous but not essential)
Spezialität: TAD - Mechanisches Engineering
Bildungsstufen (alle) Bachelor
Ort : Vereinigtes Königreich, Bridgwater, Hinkley Point C
Beschäftigungsniveau: Ingénieur & Cadre
Von der Verwaltung untersuchter Posten: Oui
Stelle, die Drogentests im Rahmen der Suchtprävention erlaubt: Oui
Entdecken Sie Framatome
Framatome baut Kernkraftwerke und liefert Ausrüstung, Dienstleistung und Brennelemente für hohe Sicherheit und Leistung.