Technical Lead – Diesel Generator
Edvance is a joint venture between EDF and Framatome, an EPCC established in 2018 in charge of the design (basic design) and the realization (studies, procurement, erection, testing and commissioning) of nuclear islands for new projects in France and worldwide.
Due to our ongoing strength and growth, we are currently looking to recruit a Technical Lead at our site to work on both the Emergency and Ultimate Diesel contracts.
This is a valuable and technically stimulating opportunity to work within Edvance UK to support the Sizewell C project (SZC) which is a vital part of the UK’s future energy strategy. As the next of the UK’s new generation of nuclear power stations, SZC is both of high profile and high complexity.
As part of the Responsible Designer, Edvance UK deliver the design of some of the Nuclear Island (NI) buildings and systems for Sizewell C from their Bristol Office, working with colleagues and suppliers in the UK and internationally.
As a Technical Lead, you will be responsible for providing technical support for the writing of the technical specification, for the definition of contract delivery scope, supplier engagement and setting to work, for the surveillance of the Turnkey Contracts documentation and to the Contract Engineering Lead (CEL) for the resolution of open points related to Design, Manufacturing and Qualification of the Diesel Generator contracts.
In order to achieve this, you will work closely with the relevant disciplines in Edvance UK and Edvance France but also within the client and the suppliers to ensure the technical requirements are met.
As a Technical Lead on the diesel contracts, your day-to-day duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the CEL to define technical contractual requirements and delivery scope, in conjunction with the client and contractor teams
- Assist the CEL in resolving technical issues related to design, qualification and manufacturing
- Assist the CEL for the surveillance of design documentation as specified in the List of Documents Required from the Contractor (LDRC) and Surveillance Plan ensuring that all the requirements from the specification are followed
- Support the client to answer to supplier requests such as request for information (RFI’s), Interface Queries (IQs) or Exemption Request (ERs) with assistance / sign off from CEL as required.
- Manage the interfaces between the contractors equipment within the scope of supply and interfacing systems, contracts, and buildings,
- Interface with the service contractor, the client, and all other stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure the successful delivery of the contract aligned with the overall engineering schedule and technical specification
- Assist the CEL with the management, tracking of design risks, preparation, assessment of early warning and variations
- Interface with the Configuration Engineer for management of the plant design evolution: Contract Transfer Sheets (CT
Qualifications and Experience
You will be characterised by the following knowledge, qualifications and experience:
Our essential requirements:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline
- Mechanical or Electrical engineering background
- Knowledge and experience of Diesel Generators and/or similar equipment
- Design and engineering process experience
- Excellent communication and people engagement skills
- Excellent leadership skills of large teams in complex environments
- Ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Exemplary team and pastoral management skills
- Ability to set, achieve and maintain high standards of safety and quality
- Knowledge of EPR engineering process
- Fluent English (International contacts)
- Appetite for managing complex topics in a complex environment
- Experience in nuclear or another highly- regulated industry i.e. aerospace, oil & gas, energy, or public sector works
- Experience of nuclear design and engineering process
Experience on qualification would be appreciated
Competitive Salary & Benefits
For this role, we are looking to offer between £51,500 to £63,00 (this is negotiable, depending on experience) and benefits package, including a pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
Please let us know if you require flexible working arrangements by highlighting this on your application. We’re happy to talk about flexibility in line with the requirements of this opportunity.
Why work with us?
We are leading the UK’s nuclear renaissance, we’re constructing a new nuclear power station at Hinkley Point C, with plans for new power stations at Sizewell C in Suffolk and Bradwell B in Essex. Around a fifth of the UK’s electricity is generated by our eight nuclear power stations, helping power our customers’ homes and businesses.
Within our business, everyone is welcome!
It’s a powerful statement of our intent to make sure we’re about the people who work with us – a rich and unique mix of backgrounds and experiences that’s vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation like ours.
Join us. Together, we’ll help Britain achieve net zero
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
Spezialität: TAD - Mechanisches Engineering
Bildungsstufen (alle) Bachelor
Ort : Vereinigtes Königreich, Bristol, Aztec West
Beschäftigungsniveau: Ingénieur & Cadre
Entdecken Sie Framatome
Framatome baut Kernkraftwerke und liefert Ausrüstung, Dienstleistung und Brennelemente für hohe Sicherheit und Leistung.