Building Coordinator (Hinkley Point C)
This will involve conducting integrated and cross-cutting coordination and reviews of construction preparation, looking at arrangements transparently and in detail from different & wider perspectives to provide oversight, ensuring pre-requisites, dependencies and constraints are managed in a balanced and integrated mode to ensure the activities on the site run safely and smoothly.
The primary objective will be to identify and eliminate any issues prior to the work commencing on the site and will involve coordinating with the Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Multi-Discipline teams to perform the role.
- This role is based in Hinkley Point C construction site (Bridgwater, UK).
- For this role we are offering £55,000 – £65,000 per annum, plus benefits
- Site premium
- Relocation Support
- 37.5 working hours per week
- The position may be required to travel to other company locations in the UK and possibly Europe as required
Detailed key responsibilities:
- To support the pre-construction planning and coordination for all trades and delivery programmes when related to his building.
- To lead the strategic planning with a 18 months look ahead, consolidate and derisk the schedule.
- Will be in charge of the development of the Level 3/4 schedule in the building with the relevant stakeholders, including the interfaces with other delivery Programmes.
- Prepare and analyse Work Orders.
- Prepare outgoing and analyse incoming contract variations.
- Manage the Early Warnings and associated Risk Reduction Meetings.
- Maintain the Risk Registers.
- Maintain and develop the contractual events log.
- Gather project data and produce reports for management review.
- Develop and improve contract management tools.
- Contribute to annual cash flow forecasting.
- Manage the interface with other design and construction contracts.
- Implement lessons learnt and share good practice on contract management within EDVANCE.
Safety is the overriding priority for any activity performed during Pre-Construction activities which includes nuclear safety as well as Industrial Safety.
Planning the work must also recognize the importance of a strong Nuclear Safety and Quality culture and the importance of a right first-time attitude.
The CMT engineers will perform their work under the daily supervision and guidance of other members of the IIM team, which may belong to companies other than Edvance.
The CMT engineers will however fully remain Edvance staff, and will, along with the services provided to the Client, develop Edvance knowledge on EPR commissioning/erection activities, and feed Edvance back offices with OPEX, either related with the commissioning/erection documents or the design itself, in view of future projects. The CMT engineers will in any case have an Edvance manager, also part of the CMT, to which they will report on performance of the services due to the client, and that remains a route for escalation of issues in their daily services to the client
- Experienced profile : at least 5 years of experience in equivalent missions.
- Strong adaptability and high autonomy.
- Strong interest for new challenges and sizing projects.
- Ability to translate field operational experience and integrate REX.
- Construction Engineer with an important background in erection/maintenance of plant.
- General skills in Mechanic, Electricity, HVAC, Civil Engineering and contracts management are required.
- A successful experience in project management is also expected.
- A strong technical interest, particularly in the field of construction or maintenance of industrial installations is required for this position.
- A mastery of computer tools is essential: manipulation of massive data under Excel, ability to evolve in CAD/CAD environments, 3D model, 3D viewer.
- NEC3 or similar Target Price contract experience is a bonus.
- Fluent English required : writing technical documents and daily exchanges in English.
- French advantageous.
A first successful experience in multi-cultural and international projects would also be appreciated.
The candidate must also have behavioural skills to interact with the customer NNB and the MEH alliance.
Framatome has an international reputation for offering a large and diverse variety of career opportunities. Our focus is to attract highly talented individuals who share our values before promoting you through our internal development and career mobility opportunities.
Framatome will play a vital part in the delivery of Britain’s ambition to fight climate change and reach Net Zero emissions. It will bring together a number of supply and engineering firms Framatome.
For this opportunity nuclear experience is desirable but not essential. We encourage people from other sectors and the diversity of experience this adds.
As a team member within Framatome you will be expected to achieve success through your engagement with, and demonstration of, our Framatome values and behaviours.
The behaviours we identify in all our high performers include their abilities to:
- Ensure safety, environment, and compliance
- Customer orientation
- Drive for results
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Inspirational leadership and change management
- Enterprise perspective
- Developing self and others
- Holding self and others accountable
- Decision making
Framatome has a set of example “observable behaviours” underpinning each of these and we will be looking for these during the selection phases.
Specialization: TB2 - Construction
Level of education (all) Bachelor
Place: United Kingdom, Bridgwater, Hinkley Point C
Employment level: Engineer & Executive
Position under administrative investigation: Oui
Item authorizing the screening of narcotics for the prevention of addictions: Oui