Edvance is Recruiting!
Edvance is a joint venture between EDF (80%) and Framatome (20%), an EPCC established in 2018 in charge of the design (basic design) and the realization (studies, procurement, erection, testing and commissioning) of nuclear islands for new projects in France and worldwide.
The Sizewell C project is in it’s preparation phase and therefore we are looking to recruit a Contract Manager to join our team in the final quarter of this year.
The Project Contract Management Team is responsible for the management of all contractual matters related to the contract of the project with the client and co-contractors (if any). Contracts worth at least £700m in value
This is done in close collaboration with Legal Department and with the support of the project team, with the objective to protect, and where possible improve the financial performance of the project.
Reporting to the Head of the Contract Manager Team, the Contract Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Implementing sets of specific project procedures for commercial management
- Following validation/approval of the contractual changes, kick off the technical instruction and coordinate all project and disciplines.
- Gathering all elements constituting the response to the contractual event (technical description, cost estimates, schedule impact)
- Participating in the preparation of technical descriptions
- Consolidating the technical and commercial proposal
- Organising proposal review
- Preparing elements for negotiating the proposal in relation with all the contributors
- Leading the negotiation of the proposal/offer with the customer
- Updating technical descriptions based on conclusions of the negotiation
- Gathering customer approvals
- Performing periodic reporting on commercial activities
- Providing input data for the periodic project review
- Authorising the team to kick off additional activities
- Contributing to the preparation of amendments to the main contract on all related commercial matters,
- Defining Project commercial strategy and yearly commercial targets, in accordance with Project strategy and directives.
The Project Contract Manager can be solicited for transverse activities to support the spread of the “Contract culture” within Edvance.
This will be a pivotal role within the organisation and therefore we will require the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level
- Exceptional professional experience in Project Management, in particular in Contract Management on complex and multicultural industrial and infrastructure projects (energy, construction, transportation or defence industry), with clear knowledge of best practice contract methodologies
- Extensive Knowledge of risk and claims management
- Specific knowledge of UK law and its impact upon the contractual and commercial functions