The role of a Design Engineer is to design structures, pipework, layouts and other mechanical components for Framatome Ltd Engineering Business Line, ensuring they are delivered to time, quality and within budget. This is a position within the Operation’s Team that good organisational, engineering, and communication skills.
The Design Engineer has the following key responsibilities:
- Ensures all projects follow the business internal processes.
Produces drawings for production, including P & ID’s and parts lists.
- Uses programmes such as Solidworks and AutoCAD to produce models for prototyping and production.
- Liaises with Engineers to produce design specifications and produce designs following the release of the specifications.
- Assists the production team to help with design issues.
- Talks to suppliers to get quotes and specifications for components.
- Assesses designs for safety, structural strength, and the capability to manufacture within budget.
- Liaising with customers to communicate project design status and determine project specifications.
- Develop and manage suppliers to deliver quality assure products to budget and lead time.
Is an active member of Project Teams and suggests solutions to problems and modifications that could improve performance.
- Attends project & operations meetings.
- This role is based in Cranfield.
- For this role we are offering a salary of £40,000- £50,000 per annum plus benefits
- 37.5 working hours per week
We are looking for the following experience and further capabilities:
- Qualified d to degree level.
- 5 years’ experience in Engineering Design roles.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience of designing mechanical systems, components or structural assemblies.
- Have a Can Do attitude.
Desired Personal Characteristics:
- Confident manner, good presentation skills
- Determination – not easily discouraged or put off
- Passion, enthusiasm and charisma.
- Innovative – prepared to see beyond how it has been done before
- Positive outlook – always sees opportunity through any adversity
- Resilient – ready to bounce back from any challenges
- Assertive – gets things done when they need to be
Framatome has an international reputation for offering a large and diverse variety of career opportunities. Our focus is to attract highly talented individuals who share our values before promoting you through our internal development and career mobility opportunities.
Framatome will play a vital part in the delivery of Britain’s ambition to fight climate change and reach Net Zero emissions. It will bring together a number of supply and engineering firms Framatome.
For this opportunity nuclear experience is desirable but not essential. We encourage people from other sectors and the diversity of experience this adds.
As a team member within Framatome you will be expected to achieve success through your engagement with, and demonstration of, our Framatome values and behaviours.
The behaviours we identify in all our high performers include their abilities to:
- Ensure safety, environment, and compliance
- Customer orientation
- Drive for results
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Inspirational leadership and change management
- Enterprise perspective
- Developing self and others
- Holding self and others accountable
- Decision making
Framatome has a set of example “observable behaviours” underpinning each of these and we will be looking for these during the selection phases.
Specialization: TAA - Design , engineering management & Systems engineering
Level of education (all) Bachelor
Place: United Kingdom, Cranfield, Cranfield
Employment level: Engineer & Executive
Position under administrative investigation: Oui
Item authorizing the screening of narcotics for the prevention of addictions: Oui