Design Performance Oversight Lead
EDF EPR Engineering UK (EPR-E) is the UK design and engineering entity for the new nuclear power stations at Hinkley Point C and Sizewell C. In particular, EPR-E is responsible for part of the design of the nuclear island for the Hinkley Point C (HPC) project and to prepare the design replication and engineering activities for the Sizewell C (SZC) Project.
For the SZC Project, work on the replication strategy and some early design studies are already underway and being delivered and managed from both France and the UK. The SZC project is managed by a project team, partly located in France and in the UK. The strategy for SZC is for most of the scope of Nuclear Island (NI) design replication activities to be lead and managed in the UK from the Bristol office. EPR-E work closely with the SZC designer teams in France and Germany (Edvance, CNEPE, DSPTN).
The goal of the Design Performance Oversight and Plant Performance Oversight is to monitor and follow up any changes and feedback that can emerge during design, erection and commissioning phases and analyse those through performance perspective to identify possible impact on Performance Levels defined in the Design Performance General Agreement.
The 4 criterions that are monitored are:
- Thermal Power output
- Steam Pressure at the interface between NI and CI
- Gross Electrical Power at Generator Outlet
- Net Electrical Output Power
- To ensure this, we are therefore looking to recruit for the role of Design Performance Oversight Lead for our SZC project.
By establishing and managing a list of activities / design deliverables / margin that are of interest to ensure that Design Performance Objectives are met, the role will then be able to:
Support the impact analysis produced for SZC No Change Committee (NCC):
- Monitor new SZC Open Points / Design Change in emergence
- Review the HPC Open Points / Design Change during the opening of replication bundle
- Analyse the modifications through performance view
- Propose treatment to avoid or limit any impact to performance Levels.
- Early involvement with the responsible of the change
- Liaise with any relevant entity involved in SZC Project having a bearing on Performance to have a view on problem emergence and fault tendencies
Verify and monitor Open Points/ Design Change validated by NCC decision to assess impact on performance (including confirmation on no impact on performance):
- the deviation was seen by design performance oversight team.
- the impact of the cure decision on performance was analysed.
- decision is in accordance with what it was proposed.
The role will organise a yearly review with both the NSA teams and the Client to report on the evolution (if any) and assessment performed during the year. A report will then be produced.
To be considered, it is essential that you hold the following skills and experience:
- Extensive experience within the nuclear industry with a very good understanding of EPR technology and Nuclear Plant Operation
- Ability to deal with multiple interfaces
- Organisational skills, capability to meet commitments and deadlines
- Leadership, pro-activeness
- Communication & interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and understanding of nuclear engineering design sequences and interfaces (desirable)
- Commissioning of an EPR (desirable)
Specialization: TAA - Design , engineering management & Systems engineering
Level of education (all) Bachelor
Place: United Kingdom, Europe, Aztec West
Employment level: Engineer & Executive