EDF UK – Head of Accounts/ Account Director
As the Framatome UK business grows, we are pleased to announce a fantastic opportunity to join the UK account and commercial function. We are seeking a person motivated by diversity of thought, collaboration, and complexity who can deliver value for our client working within our internal business, both within the UK and alongside our 16000+ colleagues worldwide.
The EDF Key Account Director will be report to the UK Chief Sales/ Commercial Officer and lead the following key activities
- Maintaining a positive safety culture and a drive for equity and social value
- Delivering growth across all EDF UK accounts in line with business targets for the UK
- Support and contribute to overseas growth via both importing and exporting capability, products, and services
- Taking ownership of the account management process for EDF UK and co-ordinating the client relationship management plan
The account director role is client facing in finding, positioning, and securing strategic sales opportunities. The role holder will lead and develop an account team focused on securing orders from existing and new commercial routes to market and they will provide leadership and direct line management.
The role will involve close liaison with colleagues in operations, recruitment, legal, supply chain and the wider sales/account team
The EDF Key Accounts Director will be responsible for the following:
- Accountable for delivering Framatome annual sales targets across the EDF accounts in line with Framatome corporate governance.
- Function as capture manager, to develop and influence for new opportunities in conjunction with the sales team and operational management
- Build and develop enduring client relationships at the appropriate level to secure sales (delivery and commercial)
- Develop, own and co-ordinate the EDF account plan with all internal UK and international stakeholders
- Establish close working relationships with Framatome wider UK and international business and sales team (Germany, France, and USA as main countries) to support achieving their sales objectives in relation to HPC and SZC and to ensure that any potential for conflict of interest is managed.
- Build, maintain and develop an account team dedicated to meeting the current and future sales targets and growth
- Understand and maintain supply chain relationships at multiple levels
- Undertake regular account reviews within the areas of responsibility ensuring that organisational requirements are met, and sales targets are being achieved, making recommendations for change where necessary.
- Consult with hiring managers and business leaders to understand recruitment/service priorities and requirements to realise future needs developing and continuously reviewing forward load plans and monitoring performance against objectives.
- Promote Framatome providing thought leadership, including speaking slots and attendance at relevant industry events, client events (including local to sites
- Sell and cross-sell the full range of services provided by the Framatome group, supporting the development of these within the UK, where applicable.
- Develop creative value propositions, in collaboration with operational teams, which align to the needs of our clients drawing on case study information, individual expertise and by developing original thinking, engaging with the appropriate individuals within the business.
- Assist with the recording & reporting of customer KPI’s and formal/informal feedback to measure and monitor team and individual performance
- Management of Sales CRM to make sure opportunities are tracked and monitored at transactional, tactical, and strategic level
- Be initiative-taking in the development and maintenance of Key Account Management plans and capture plans
- Undertake internal Framatome reporting activities and meet with colleagues across the group to share best practices and updates
- Lead the activities of the EDF UK account across the Framatome group via engagement with the various Framatome business units operating in the UK
Overall responsibilities will include:
- Market review and account planning
- Relationship management
- Sales opportunities pipeline
The applicants will ideally have the key attributes and skills:
- Demonstrable experience within a complex stakeholder environment, preferably within nuclear or other highly regulated sectors
- Strong understanding and experience of the nuclear new build market in the UK, including policy, developers, operators, and competitor landscape
- Knowledge and experience of EDF nuclear generation and HPC / SZC supply chain and local areas would be highly desirable
- Embraces equity, diversity, and inclusion and actively promotes within the workplace
- Experience of presenting at conferences, authoring trade journal and LinkedIn articles and/or of promoting nuclear and its contribution to net zero in schools, universities, and industry.
- Commercially astute – has the experience or the ability to assess opportunities in terms of financial, commercial and legal requirements
- Basic knowledge and understanding of sales KPI’s would be advantageous. (e.g. Order intake, backlog and profit margins)
- Highly collaborative and a strong communicator breaking down barriers between internal, client and competitor teams and individuals to create successful outcomes and to share knowledge.
- Demonstrable potential for personal growth in a sector
- Experience of managing a small team with the ability write and/or support proposal development
- Prepared to travel overseas and UK power stations including EDF Gloucester Business Parks and new build construction sites
- A technical background is desirable but not essential.
Specialization: K1 - sales management
Level of education (all) Others
Place: United Kingdom, Europe, Avonmouth
Employment level: Cadre
Position under administrative investigation: Oui