Experienced Safety Control Design Engineer
Based at Framatome Belgium, you will work for the competence center «Design» of the I&C Business Unit of Framatome which carries out safety control systems for EPR reactors, modernizes these systems for the base installed in France or abroad, and also participates in the realization of control systems of other types of reactors. These are complex, distributed, safety-rated computer systems with real-time software.
In support of ongoing activities on the English EPR project Hinkley Point (HPC), or EPR2 (projects in France or Europe), the department is strengthening its staff for safety control.
As part of your mission, you will contribute to the specification of safety control systems for the EPR project to which you will be assigned, and in compliance with nuclear standards. As such, your main activities will cover:
- Writing technical requirements specifying the different aspects of the system (architecture, behaviour, operating principle, etc.);
- Functional specification of the processes to be performed by the systems;
- Analysis of technical specifications and related clarifications;
- Definition and consideration of modifications to integrate test feedback.
- Reporting of activities.
To carry out these activities, you will be able to rely on the skills of the current team (22 people), internal quality processes, as well as feedback from EPR projects (OL3, FA3, TSN).
Most of the French team is based in Paris.
Occasional travel in France and abroad is expected.
You will work closely with the project teams and the teams in charge of software programming and hardware specification. Due to the complexity of the systems, you will be required to manage many internal and external interfaces: process, safety and mechanical systems divisions, departments in charge of the safety control platform, teams in charge of control-operational control, etc.
This position will allow you to acquire skills in numerical control, but also in the functional aspects of the systems and processes of a nuclear power plant.
It will allow you to integrate a prestigious company with a high degree of technicality on complex projects, and you will benefit from training throughout your professional career in the company.
Depending on your abilities, there will be many opportunities for development, both at the level of technical expertise and at the operational and managerial level.
Master’s degree type general engineer, or university equivalent, with a specialty in control control.
You have a first successful significant experience of at least 5 years in a technical environment of a complex system, and in a field with strong regulatory constraints (nuclear, aeronautical, rail, space, etc.).
- Control, automatic or industrial computing skills;
- Skills in system architecture ;
- Requirements engineering skills;
- Mastery of the development cycle of control systems ;
- Competence in System Engineering;
- Fluency in written and spoken English; the practice of French or German is a plus.
- Ability to work as a team in an international context;
- Good mind of synthesis and analysis;
- Good rigour and concern for quality;
- Respect for processes.
Position subject to administrative investigation.
Specialization: TAL - Instrumentation and Control
Level of education (all) Master
Place: Belgium, Europe, Bruxelles
Employment level: Engineer & Executive
Position under administrative investigation: Oui
Item subject to export control authorization: Oui