HVAC Systems Engineer (Bristol)
EDF EPR Engineering UK (EPR-E) is a subsidiary of Edvance, which is a joint venture between EDF and Framatome, established in 2018 in charge of the design and the realisation of nuclear islands for new projects in France and worldwide.
EPR-E is responsible for the design and construction of the nuclear island for Hinkley Point C (HPC) project and preparing the design replication and engineering activities for the Sizewell C (SZC) Project.
At HPC we are building two new nuclear reactors, the first in a new generation of nuclear power stations in the UK providing low carbon electricity for around six million homes.
For the SZC Project, work on the replication strategy and some early design studies are already underway and being delivered and managed from both France and UK.
For the HPC project, we are looking to recruit for the role of HVAC System Engineer.
The role of HVAC System Engineer consists in and/or support all activities performed by engineers in the HVAC Systems team.
- System design and system integration into overall Hinkley Point C design
· Review and update the system documentation, as well as formulating the mechanical, electrical, nuclear safety, and control logic requirements in compliance with the engineering rules, methodologies, quality processes, and tools
· Analysis and verification of input data, requirements, and lessons learnt from other stations
· Sizing of components e.g. pumps, pipework, fans, tanks, performing thermal-hydraulic calculation and modelling with in house or commercial tools
· Performing the analysis for defining the I&C functional requirements of the system and production of the I&C logic
· Support to procurement team in formulation of technical specification and supplier surveillance
- Modification and configuration management:
· Managing requests for modifications to system(s) checking their applicability
· Develop and present technical solutions suitable for all impacted disciplines that support design stability strategy
Proactive and positive engagement with all stakeholders around the HVAC systems to ensure the delivery of a product meeting the requirements set by all disciplines (layout, civil, hazard, nuclear safety, environment, configuration management, procurement …)
Contribute to topics around good practices, innovation, improvement of processes, and quality
Participate in experience sharing activities within the discipline.
Desirable qualifications, experience and skills:
- Knowledge of EPR system design principles, Instrumentation and Control architecture and Safety Classification
- Experience of working on an operating plant or on an industrial site
- Ability to speak and write technical documents in French
English – fluent
French – is a bonus
Specialization: TAB - Mechanical, HVAC & Civil Work coordination and management
Level of education (all) Bachelor
Place: United Kingdom, Europe, Aztec West
Employment level: Cadre