HVAC Technical Lead (Hinkley Point C)
As our HVAC Technical Lead, you will be in charge of technical impact assessment, coordination, production and monitoring of HVAC studies for HVAC systems in buildings HR, HK, HL and HW.
Through a secondment to Edvance UK – joint venture with Framatome and EDF – your initial role will be to contribute to the completion of the Hinkley Point C design phase.
Framatome has an international reputation for offering a large and diverse variety of career opportunities. Our focus is to attract highly talented individuals who share our values before promoting you through our internal development and career mobility opportunities.
Framatome will play a vital part in the delivery of Britain’s ambition to fight climate change and reach Net Zero emissions. It will bring together a number of supply and engineering firms Framatome.
For this opportunity nuclear experience is desirable but not essential. We encourage people from other sectors and the diversity of experience this adds.
As a team member within Framatome you will be expected to achieve success through your engagement with, and demonstration of, our Framatome values and behaviours.
The behaviours we identify in all our high performers include their abilities to:
ensure safety, environment, and compliance
drive for results
collaboration and teamwork
inspirational leadership and change management
developing self and others
holding self and others accountable
Framatome has a set of example “observable behaviours” underpinning each of these and we will be looking for these during the selection phases.
Assessing HVAC requests coming from building HR, HK, HL and HW that may impact HVAC discipline:
- Gathering all needed inputs for the answer
- Assessing and listing the impacts of the site change on the HVAC, layout design and other contractors
- Producing technical assessment and solution, with supporting justification (aeraulic calculation, anchor plates calculation, system analysis, interfaces, guaranty the design intent, update deliverables produced by the RD back-office if needed)
- Liaising with design RD Back-Offices
- Liaising with execution designer HK2721
- Liaison with NNB contract Team and construction Team
- CTS (Contract Transfer Sheet)
- Surveillance on execution designer deliverable related to site request
- Opening the dedicated change process to launch the implementation of the impacts
- Manage change process and OPM, acting as the JDO-DT Design Change coordinator and OPM coordinator for HVAC topic in this building
- Reporting to HVAC Discipline Lead and raising alerts on any aspects of design
- Contributing to the closure of design open points after the delivery of HVAC design packages to site
- Being part of JDO-DT HVAC team, participating to Team meetings, sharing technical topics
- Manages and monitors the modifications requested by the various engineering teams, contractors and the client
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified to Degree Level and several years of experience in HVAC
- Experience in previous EPR or other nuclear projects
- Experience of nuclear site Engineering
- Good knowledge of 2D and 3D design software (AutoCAD, Navisworks)
- Experience on 3D model visualisation for layout analysis
- Good knowledge and understanding of general HVAC layout rules and HVAC system for a nuclear project;
- Knowledge of the general operation of nuclear power station and the associated safety aspects (in particular, aspects relating to nuclear safey, flooding, fire, radiological protection, high energy line ruptures
- Experience in HVAC design or installation
- Experience of UK design context and regulatory processes
- Experience of HPC
For this role we are offering a salary range of between £54,000 and £65,000 per annum plus benefits, including:
- 25 days annual leave per year (raising one day per 2 years to a maximum of 30 days)
- 8% employer pension contribution (salary sacrifice)
- Site Premium
- Relocation Support
- Individual and family private health care
- Life assurance (4x salary)
- Employee assistance programme (EAP)
- Income Protection
- Professional Body Membership (1 per year)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Language Courses
We are an equal opportunity employer. We value and plan to continue to build on the benefits of our diverse working environment and recognise a priority to improve gender mix.
Everyone will be considered without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
Specialization: TAC - Civil engineering, Layout and HVAC
Level of education (all) Bachelor
Place: United Kingdom, Bridgwater, Hinkley Point C
Employment level: Engineer & Executive
Position under administrative investigation: Oui
Item authorizing the screening of narcotics for the prevention of addictions: Oui