Interfaces Management Lead
(Sizewell C Project)
Edvance is a joint venture between EDF and Framatome, an EPCC established in 2018 in charge of the design (basic design) and the realization (studies, procurement, erection, testing and commissioning) of nuclear islands for new projects in France and worldwide.
Due to our ongoing strength and growth, we are currently looking to recruit an Interfaces Management Lead responsible for the management of all the SZC technical interfaces within the Nuclear Island scope
Technical interfaces represent key information exchanges that are essential to enable each designer to organize and plan its engineering schedules to meet its contract requirements and/or project milestones
The Interfaces Management Lead is part of the Configuration Management team who are responsible for overseeing the overall configuration management for the SZC design on the Nuclear Island scope during the preparation of the Nuclear Service Agreement offer and then during the execution of the project, supporting the roll out of the replication strategy. The key mission of the team is to manage and ensure appropriate maturity of design and replication of the HPC design for all aspects
Key duties of the Interfaces Management Lead are as follows:
- Support the settlement and update of the interface management strategy for the project.
- Ensure that the interface management process is correctly applied and that good practices are implemented. This includes, in particular checking the quality, completeness, and progress of data in the SZC interface management tool.
- Provide regular performance monitoring of the Interface process (including any lessons learnt or necessary warning), collect feedback on this process and proposes improvements
- Ensures that technical interfaces are designed, integrated and validated by the engineering teams, at the milestones defined by the architect
- Facilitate the resolution of any clashes between requester and provider entities when they are unable to reach an agreement themselves, for example with respect to the technical scope of requests and or the scheduling of interfaces
- Ensure communication between different entities, and escalate any issues when necessary to the Technical Director and their deputy
- Ensure that all strategic decisions are implemented in the interface process
- Represent the Technical Directorate at the relevant forums/committees on Interface Management, as key person responsible for the monitoring of interfaces within their entity scope, and prompt identification of any process deviations.
To be considered, we require the following qualifications, skills and experience.
- Qualified to degree level in an engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Previous knowledge and experience of design processes across multiple engineering disciplines in the nuclear sector
- Technical expert with excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Experience of working with transverse teams and complex environments
- Knowledge and experience of the EPR design (desirable)
- Experience of managing teams (advantageous)
- Ability to communicate in French (desirable)
- Pragmatic solution focused approach towards resolving technical issues
- Ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to set, achieve and maintain high standards of safety and quality
Specialization: O1 - Management performance & processus
Level of education (all) Bachelor
Place: United Kingdom, Europe, Aztec West
Employment level: Engineer & Executive