IT Support Engineer
Non fixed term
Hinkley Point C, Bridgwater
IS - INFORMATION SYSTEMS
An exciting opportunity has become available for an IT Support Engineer to join our site based team friendly team. You will be on-site at Hinkley Point C (HPC).
In the UK we currently have a team of two in IT, one in Avonmouth (Bristol) and one in Cranfield (Bedfordshire). We are now looking to looking for someone like you who can join our team and be ready for quick growth.
The key contractual elements for this opportunity include:
- £40,000 – £46,000 per annum (DoE)
- 25 days holiday rising to 30 days
- Health Insurance (family plan)
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- Study and professional body membership support
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave and pay
- Cycle to work
- And more…
You will have 3+ years of experience in level 1 ‘hands-on’ IT support position.
Our IT Support Engineer is a new and will be a varied and challenging role.
In addition to the day to day you will also have regular opportunities to make valuable contributions to the delivery of IT projects.
As our activities at Hinkley Point C (HPC) increase, the site team will increase from what is now around 10 to around 100 over the course of 2023.
As our first line support contact for the Bridgwater (Hinkley Point C) sites you will support the local users and manage the local hardware. You will support users of the Framatome IT network on this site.
Of key importance in this position, in addition to your good IT knowledge will be your excellent customer service and problem-solving skills.
Reporting in to the IT Manager (remote), your day to day will involve:
- upgrading, installing, and configuring new PC software to meet company objectives
- setting up and managing users needs e.g., PC, printers, badges etc.
- creating user accounts and managing end user’s rights on local infrastructure
- monitoring and maintaining networks and servers with support from the UK IT manager located in Avonmouth
- providing proximity gesture e.g. switches, servers, WiFi access points etc.
- resolving local incidents and creating action plans for fixes and continuous improvement
- analyse user requests and effectively prioritise for time management and efficiencies
- implementing security protocols and procedures to prevent potential threats
- documenting processes, as well as backing up and archiving data
- reporting to the UK IT Manager of issue resolving progress, potential bottle necks and recurring problems on the local IT network.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity and equality of access that is free from discrimination, prejudice, harm, stereotyping, harassment, victimisation, and any other form of discrimination.
Specialization: IS2 - Production - computer operating
Min. level of education required Bachelor
Place: United Kingdom, Bridgwater, Hinkley Point C
Employment level: Engineer & Executive
Position under administrative investigation: Oui