Modelling & dynamic analysis Engineer
Framatome is in an important growth phase in the UK and will establish a key player to provide a broad range of engineering services. The target customer accounts are the UK operating nuclear power plants and new build power stations and all the major nuclear installation in the UK.
Currently Framatome employs roughly a team of 200 engineers and projects to double this size in the next years. Therefore Framatome is projecting to create the position of an modelling and dynamic analysis Engineer for Reactor Core Models, who has the opportunity to become after an initial training phase the reference person for methodology, professional leadership in the discipline of reactor core physics and transient analysis. The calculation teams are predominantly based in Cranfield, but teams can also be based in Gloucestershire, Suffolk or Bristol.
- This role is based in Cranfield, UK).
- For this role we are offering a salary of £50,000-£55,000 per annum plus benefits.
- 40 Hour work week.
The person will part of the transient analysis team in charge of providing a broad range of analysis and report part of the safety case for the relevant PWR’s in the UK (Sizewell B and Hinkley Point C). The tools and methods are world leading and qualified for nuclear safety analysis and will be provided by the Framatome Group and reference team.
A longer training of 4-6 months will be provided by Framatome either in Germany or in France.
The focus shall be on tranisent calculation of reactor physics with 1D to 3D core diffusion models solving the unsteady neutron diffusion equations of different energy level of neutrons in the non-homogenous environment of the PWR reactor vessel including the fuel assemblies and moderator flow.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Ensures effective performance on moderately complex to complex transient analysis assignments
- Prepare the calculation input deck from a set of reactor documentations , operating instructions and fuel loading plan
- Prepare the analysis report
- Develops and/or administers organization engineering standards and procedures for the group.
- Provides goals, objectives and standards of performance for assigned team members.
- Ensures development and training of team members to optimize task results.
- Works interactively with customers and clients to develop strong relationships.
- Researches and assesses best practices, proposing methods and improvements.
- Works on special projects, as directed.
Education & Experiences
- BS in Eng’g/Eng’g Tech. plus 8-10 years of engineering exp.
- An advanced degree may be substituted for related exp.
- (MBA/MS 1-2yrs. or PhD 1-3 yrs.). Specific experience in nuclear engineering, for nuclear new build and operating fleet, fluid system design, piping design
Desired Personal Characteristics:
- Strategic orientation
- Results oriented, Develop Talent
- Building Networks
- Customer Orientation
- Leading change
Framatome has an international reputation for offering a large and diverse variety of career opportunities. Our focus is to attract highly talented individuals who share our values before promoting you through our internal development and career mobility opportunities.
Framatome will play a vital part in the delivery of Britain’s ambition to fight climate change and reach Net Zero emissions. It will bring together a number of supply and engineering firms Framatome.
For this opportunity nuclear experience is desirable but not essential. We encourage people from other sectors and the diversity of experience this adds.
As a team member within Framatome you will be expected to achieve success through your engagement with, and demonstration of, our Framatome values and behaviours.
The behaviours we identify in all our high performers include their abilities to:
ensure safety, environment, and compliance
drive for results
collaboration and teamwork
inspirational leadership and change management
developing self and others
holding self and others accountable
Framatome has a set of example “observable behaviours” underpinning each of these and we will be looking for these during the selection phases.
Specialization: TAG - Safety, process and systems design - Nuclear safety /environmental impact
Min. level of education required Master
Place: United Kingdom, Cranfield, BHR, BHR
Employment level: Engineer & Executive