Plant Layout Engineer (Bristol)
Edvance is a joint venture between EDF and Framatome, an EPCC established in 2018 in charge of the design (basic design) and the realization (studies, procurement, erection, testing and commissioning) of nuclear islands for new projects in France and worldwide.
In particular, Edvance is responsible for the design and construction of the nuclear island for the Hinkley Point C project and prepare the design replication and engineering activities for the Sizewell C (SZC) Project.
For the SZC Project, work on the replication strategy and some early design studies are already underway and being delivered and managed from both France and the UK. The SZC project is managed by a project team, partly located in France and in the UK. The strategy for SZC is for most of the scope of NI design replication activities to be lead and managed in the UK from the Bristol office.
For the SZC project, we are currently looking to recruit for the role of Plant Layout Engineer to join our team early 2024
As a Plant Layout Engineer, you will be responsible for assisting with several of the below listed activities depending on the job/project requirements and the competences and experience:
- Treatment of the input data for the layout engineering of the building (process & instrumentation diagrams, equipment data, cable lists, electrical load lists, etc.), analyzing and verifying their technical consistency
- Layout engineering to improve and modify the design on the following aspects:
- Implementation of various mechanical and electrical equipment within the building design
- Routing design pipes, HVAC ducts and electrical cable trays in the 3D model, supported by a dedicated CAD team
- Ensure the consistency between the process & instrumentation diagrams and the 3D model
- ·Responsible for production of technical documents (progress reports, status reports, equipment introduction notes, change impact analyses, design procedures, etc.)
- Responsible for issuing layout drawings to the various teams and coordinate layout activities by ensuring compliance with the layout rules
Progress monitoring and change management:
- Management and monitoring the modifications requested by the various engineering teams
- Anticipation and escalation of technical open points
- Preparation of layout engineering reviews (with all the engineering teams involved)
- Support of execution design companies in the production of deliverables for manufacturing
To be considered, we require the following Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Degree qualified in appropriate technical discipline
- Experience in one or several areas of engineering: piping engineering, mechanical, HVAC, safety etc.
- Good knowledge and understanding of general layout rules for an industrial project
- Knowledge of the general operation of a nuclear power station and the associated safety aspects (in particular, aspects relating to flooding, fire, radiological protection, high energy line ruptures, etc.)
- Fluent English
- Comfortable and confident to highlight issues and bring a wide range of stakeholders together to find pragmatic resolutions that satisfy all stakeholders, balancing the needs across the HPC integrated team
- Enjoys a challenging technical environment with multiple and urgent demand
- Is able to seek clarification from multiple stakeholders in order to prioritize, paying attention to the wider context and bigger picture to inform their decisions to minimize schedule and cost implications
Desirable qualifications, experience and skills:
- Previous nuclear industry experience
- Previous experience involving PWRs (pressurised water reactor)
- Previous experience working with 3D design software (e.g. Navisworks, AutoCAD, PDMS and/or E3D)
- French language skills