Plant Layout Engineer (Hinkley Point C)
The Plant Layout Engineer works with building leader in the technical coordination, production and monitoring of layout engineering studies for one or more buildings by proposing technical solutions.
- This role is based in Hinkley Point C (Bridgewater UK) with trips to Aztec West, Bristol
- For this role we are offering a salary of £42,000 – £50,000 depending on experience, plus benefits
- Site Premium
- 38 working hours per week.
General layout engineering:
The key duties, responsibilities and deliverables of the Plant Layout Engineer are as follows:
Supporting the construction of the two EPR on HPC by answering to requests coming from building and erection contractors
When answering to those site requests:
Gathering all needed input for the answer
Producing technical assessment and solution, with supporting justification
Liaising with design back-offices or execution designer when needed
Assessing and listing the impacts of the site change on the layout design and on all other disciplines (piping, HVAC, steelwork and/or civil)
Implementing the modification needed or requesting implementation by the entity in charge
Reporting to the Layout Discipline Lead achievements, progresses and difficulties and raising alerts on any aspects of the design when identified
Contributing to the closure of design open points after the delivery of design packages to site
Being part of JDO-DT Layout team, participating to Team meetings, sharing technical topics
Progress monitoring and change management:
Managing and monitoring the modifications requested by the various engineering teams, contractors and the client.
Anticipating and raises alerts on open technical points.
Regularly carriying out layout engineering reviews (with all the engineering teams involved).
Preparing a regular status report on the model in the light of the latest input data.
Communication with the client and contractors, on engineering problems encountered during installation.
Interactions with all groups/sections related to the building and in particular with the building leaders and civil engineers, systems and components engineers and the team in charge of the analysis of internal hazards.
- Qualified to Degree Level and experience in one or more areas of engineering: piping engineering, mechanical, HVAC, safety
- Knowledge and experience of using PDMS
- Good knowledge of other 2D and 3D design software (AutoCAD, Navisworks)
- Good knowledge and understanding of general layout rules for an industrial project. Knowledge of the general operation of a nuclear power station and the associated safety aspects (in particular, aspects relating to flooding, fire, radiological protection, high energy line ruptures, etc.).
- Microsoft Office
- Fluent in English
- French speaker
A first successful experience in multi-cultural and international projects would also be appreciated.
The candidate must also have behavioural skills to interact with the customer NNB and the MEH alliance.
Framatome has an international reputation for offering a large and diverse variety of career opportunities. Our focus is to attract highly talented individuals who share our values before promoting you through our internal development and career mobility opportunities.
Framatome will play a vital part in the delivery of Britain’s ambition to fight climate change and reach Net Zero emissions. It will bring together a number of supply and engineering firms Framatome.
For this opportunity nuclear experience is desirable but not essential. We encourage people from other sectors and the diversity of experience this adds.
As a team member within Framatome you will be expected to achieve success through your engagement with, and demonstration of, our Framatome values and behaviours.
The behaviours we identify in all our high performers include their abilities to:
- Ensure safety, environment, and compliance
- Customer orientation
- Drive for results
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Inspirational leadership and change management
- Enterprise perspective
- Developing self and others
- Holding self and others accountable
- Decision making
Framatome has a set of example “observable behaviours” underpinning each of these and we will be looking for these during the selection phases.
Specialization: TAC - Civil engineering, Layout and HVAC
Min. level of education required Bachelor
Place: United Kingdom, Bridgwater, Hinkley Point C
Employment level: Engineer & Executive
Position under administrative investigation: Oui
Item authorizing the screening of narcotics for the prevention of addictions: Oui