EDF EPR Engineering UK (EPR-E) is a subsidiary of Edvance, which is a joint venture between EDF and Framatome, established in 2018 in charge of the design and the realisation of nuclear islands for new projects in France and worldwide.
In particular, EPR-E is responsible for the design and construction of the nuclear island for Hinkley Point C (HPC) project and preparing the design replication and engineering activities for the Sizewell C (SZC) Project.
At HPC we are building two new nuclear reactors, the first in a new generation of nuclear power stations in the UK providing low carbon electricity for around six million homes.
For the SZC Project, work on the replication strategy and some early design studies are already underway and being delivered and managed from both France and UK
For the SZC project, we are currently looking to recruit for the role of PMO Manager.
The PMO Manager for the Sizewell C project will oversee the operational management of the PMO team.
The PMO (Project Management Offer) team is responsible for:
- Monitoring and supporting the delivery including:
(the monitoring and the production of the List Of Deliverables (LOD) to be issued to the client for all Nuclear Island (NI) scope (including scope delivered by other EDF and Edvance contributing entities)
(a proactive support to the architects’ team to meet the contractual commitments regarding the Delivery and Review and Acceptance by facilitating the delivery from a document point of view the monitoring of the deliverables/actions of review due as Edvance Technical Reviewer on other contractors)
(sending the “out of LOD” Documents or Document to the Client
Organising the internal reporting committee’s routine and supporting the reporting with the client)
- Organising the project communication,
- Producing the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and managing the reporting interfaces with internal and external stakeholders,
Providing any supports to the project team for their day-to-day activities:(Organize work management tools, develop templates to be used on the project to create a reliable documentation of project data)
(Developing the PCC (Project Control Cycle), which is the coordination of the activities aiming to synchronise all the project contributions during the month in order to deliver on time and quality)
- Supporting the HR representative to set up newcomer session within the project and presents how works the project control,
- Implementing the “Internal Control Plan” and supporting any actions regarding internal audit activity,
- Interfacing with the HPC project PMO team for lessons learnt and to ensure continuous improvement.
This position would suit a wide range of nuclear engineering professions and responsibilities, for instance a manager of a project control team or a Project Manager.
The PMO manager team will be partly located in Bristol, partly located in Paris, France (Montrouge).Travels to Montrouge will be necessary on a monthly basis
To be considered, we require the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Wealth of experience in nuclear (or similar industry) working in a project environment
- Experience in managing teams
- Experience in project management, reporting and/or in contract management
- Experience in intercultural context
- Strong leadership skills
- Positive and proactive approach,
- High level of autonomy,
- Project management skills,
- Enjoys a challenging environment with multiple and urgent requests,
Team player with an open mind and a readiness to work on a multi-cultural context and with multiple stakeholders.
- English, fluent
- French is a bonus