Principal Mechanical Engineer
Edvance is a joint venture between EDF and Framatome, an EPCC established in 2018 in charge of the design (basic design) and the realization (studies, procurement, erection, testing and commissioning) of nuclear islands for new projects in France and worldwide.
In particular, Edvance is responsible for the design of the nuclear island for the Hinkley Point C project and for the design/procurement/erection/commissioning of the EPR2, an optimized EPR model incorporating the feedback from the ongoing EPR projects. It will also carry out new nuclear offers and projects in France and abroad.
Due to our ongoing growth and success, we are looking to recruit a Principal Mechanical Engineer / Mechanical Expert to work as part of the Construction Management Team (CMT), a part of the Site Support Integrated team of EDVANCE directorate. It’s a team of EDVANCE Engineers embedded in NNB erection program.
The position will, on behalf on NNB (HPC) and will drive, help and support MEH alliance.
As the senior mechanical expert on behalf of NNB, your key objective will be to drive, help and support MEH Alliance in order to:
Deal with mechanical issues linked with installation
- Enhance preparation of HVAC activities and secure the respect of technical/safety requirements
- Inspect and ensure the reliability/reduction of ‘NI HPT loops’ and the identification of associated weaknesses in order to limit the occurrence of leaks, low pressure drop issues inside loops, venting issues
- Ensure validation of files by the quality department of NNB (or one of its subcontractors) and ultimately aim for reduction in schedule impacts and costs.
- Anticipate operational constraints and prepare mechanical activities
Provide assistance if and when necessary, on the other subjects of the CMT scope.
- Along with the services provided to the Client, develop Edvance knowledge on EPR erection activities, and feed Edvance back offices with OPEX in view of future projects.
As part pf the CMT Team, CMT engineers will perform their work under the daily supervision and guidance of other members of the CMITIIM team (NNB team), which may belong to companies other than Edvance.
As part of the CMT Team, this is a pivotal role and requires mechanical expertise to support the MEH alliance.
To be considered, we require the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in equivalent missions, nuclear projects.
- Strong interest for new challenges and sizing projects.
- Ability to translate field operational experience and integrate REX.
- Strong mechanical experience, knowledge and skills with pumps, pipes etc.
- Strong skills and knowledge of welding practices and valves are required.
- Proven track record of success in project management
- Possess a strong technical interest, particularly in the field of construction or maintenance of industrial installations.
- Expert in computer tools is essential: manipulation of massive data under Excel, ability to evolve in CAD/CAD environments, 3D model, 3D viewer.
- NEC3 or similar Target Price contract experience is a distinct advantage
- Strong adaptability and high autonomy.
- Fluent English required: writing technical documents and daily exchanges in English.
- French language advantageous.
Specialization: TAD - Mechanical Engineering
Level of education (all) Bachelor
Place: United Kingdom, Bridgwater, Hinkley Point C
Employment level: Engineer & Executive
Position under administrative investigation: Oui
Item authorizing the screening of narcotics for the prevention of addictions: Oui