Framatome is a major international player in the nuclear energy market recognised for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for designing, building, maintaining, and advancing the global nuclear fleet.
With 14,000 employees worldwide, and over 300 strong in the UK, our plans are to grow to 400-500 by 2025 through the development our UK nuclear service offerings
Framatome is owned by the EDF Group (75.5%), Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI – 19.5%) and Assystem (5%).
Due to our ongoing and rapid growth, we are looking to recruit a Procurement Specialist to join our Supply Chain team.
Reporting to the Commercial & Procurement Manager, the Procurement Specialist will be responsible for managing the Framatome Ltd supply chain covering supplier interface, procedures, and process to procure goods and services from the approved supply chain.
The Procurement Specialist will ensure that the company has a very clear strategy on the purchasing goods and services, and maintaining the apporved supplier data base, in consultation with other company departments. Procurement activities must be delivered in line with our processes and procedure to meet procurement specific objectives.
Key duties of the Procurement Specialist will involve:
- Create and implement procurement strategies that are innovative, cost-effective, and incorporate the growing complexities and challenges within industry
- Ownership and maintainance of procurement procedures and process
- Define objectives related to the performance of the procurement process and procedures
- Preparation of data to support the efficiency of the procurement function to meet the company KPI in relation to the objectives
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with suppliers in the industry
- Understand tenders, projects’ needs and proposed adapted strategies to get quotes meeting these needs (deliver and manage RFQs)
- Request quotes from the supply chain to support the Tender Team and process
- Compare proposals for price, schedule and specification
- Advise and support the Tenders and Projects team on the best route to market
- Work closely with vendors to create and submit vendor pricing and schedule suggestions during the pre-tender, tender and project phases of various contracts
- Lead transformation initiatives aimed to build procurement organisational capabilities and improve procurement efficiency
- Management of logistics, as well a weights, dimentions, etc
- Preparation of forecasts on changes in the market or price as well as on the companies own demands
- Maintain supplier approval list and procurement processes in line with Quality and HSE functions
- Management of Purchase Orders
- Insure all T&C’s and contract requirements are back to back with all suppliers.
- Placement of orders (with the support of other functions within Framatome) on the supply chain, that are of strategic importance to the company and projects, this may include high value orders.
To be considered, we require the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- HND or Degree educated in Procurement, business, supply chain, logistics or any other related field.
- Experience as a Procurement Officer / Buyer in a manufacturing and / or construction environment.
- Qualified or working towards CIPS qualification to Professional Level
- MCIPS Chartered or working towards Chartership
- Experience of project management and strategic outlook.
- Knowledge of contracts including NEC3 and FIDIC, invoicing, and negotiation terms.
- Experience of highly regulated industries.
- Ability to analyse data from tables and figures and recognise connections.
- Experience in the Nuclear Industry.
- Advanced MS Word, Excel skills & proficient in MS Office.
- Strong knowledge in writing Contracts and T&C’s.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Strong knowledge of material procurement.
- Strong knowledge of fabrication processes.