Framatome is a major international player in the nuclear energy market recognised for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for designing, building, maintaining, and advancing the global nuclear fleet. The company designs, manufactures, and installs components, fuel and instrumentation and control systems for nuclear power plants and offers a full range of reactor services.
With 14,000 employees worldwide, every day Framatome’s expertise helps its customers improve the safety and performance of their nuclear plants and achieve their economic and societal goals.
Framatome is owned by the EDF Group (75.5%), Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI – 19.5%) and Assystem (5%).
Due to our ongoing growth, we are currently recruiting for Project Engineer to support our WOC project at Sizewell B.
Key objective of the Project Engineer will be to support either the Project Manager or Construction Manager in managing allocated work from assignment to close out, covering all duties related to work delivery as requested in order to ensure that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner to its conclusion.
The project engineer role may vary depending on the specific assignment undertaken but would typically involve the activities below:
- Identifying, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, company procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Supporting the Project Manager with day to day activities required to deliver work in line with the project plan including safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives.
- Preparing and maintaining project documentation including Project Definition Documents, Quality Plans and other documents as required.
- Reviewing documentation including contractor’s documents and drawings.
- Execute financial and technical appraisals of project options. Perform feasibility studies, site surveys and liaison with designers and station staff as required.
- Preparing work packages including preparation of work order cards and review of contractors risk assessments and method statements. Carry out duties of APSA when required.
- Preparing Engineering Changes and managing the preparation of supporting and affected documents.
- Preparing commissioning documents and act as test team leader where appropriate.
- Managing the delivery of assigned small projects, jobs and tasks ensuring that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner in line with the relevant procedures.
- Ensuring production of technical specifications and support the process of contractor selection and contract placement.
- Facilitating and chairing project meetings and regular progress meeting as required by the Project Manager.
- Ensuring that technical queries are managed in accordance with process and procedures.
- Perform the duties of a field supervisor as required.
To be considered, we require the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree educated or equivalent qualification in an appropriate discipline with a formal project management (APMP preferable) qualification desirable.
- Knowledge of budget monitoring, commercial awareness and experience at managing contractors.
- Strong understanding of the need for Quality within the project environment and familiarity with the use and structure of Quality Assurance documentation.
- Suitable relevant project experience within engineering/construction projects, including the application of project management processes.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including Construction Design Management and Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Experience of supervising and setting contractors/sub contractors to work in their roles and experience in leading a project team.
- Suitable relevant technical experience including the preparation of technical documentation, the review and approval of technical proposals and procedures, experience of construction, testing and commissioning activities
- Must be well versed in the preparation of reports and information using packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Specialization: G1 - Project Management
Level of education (all) Bachelor
Place: United Kingdom, Europe, Sizewell (UK)
Employment level: Engineer & Executive
Position under administrative investigation: Oui
Item authorizing the screening of narcotics for the prevention of addictions: Oui