Replication Lead (SZC)
EDF EPR Engineering UK (EPR-E) is the UK design and engineering entity for the new nuclear power stations at Hinkley Point C and Sizewell C. In particular, EPR-E is responsible for part of the design of the nuclear island for the Hinkley Point C (HPC) project and to prepare the design replication and engineering activities for the Sizewell C (SZC) Project.
For the SZC Project, work on the replication strategy and some early design studies are already underway and being delivered and managed from both France and the UK. The SZC project is managed by a project team, partly located in France and in the UK. The strategy for SZC is for most of the scope of NI design replication activities to be lead and managed in the UK from the Bristol office. EPR-E work closely with the SZC designer teams in France and Germany (Edvance, CNEPE, DSPTN).
For the SZC project, we are currently looking to recruit a Replication Lead. The Replication Lead is part of the PI management team.
The role is held by someone who will leave the project during summer 2024. The intent is to support that person during the first half of 2024 because of a demanding delivery plan and prepare for the handover at the same time and take the full scope of the role from mid-2024.
The Replication Lead will be in charge of the SZC Replication processes (both NSA and Employer on behalf) and the Intellectual Property (IP) management process ensuring their application over the Consortium for the provision of NSA activities.
Key activities of the role will include:
Leading the Replication processes, in compliance with the SZC Replication Principles:
- Manage the SZC Co processes, on behalf of SZC Co
o Update of the SZC Replication documents (Principles / Strategy / Manual / Procedure)
- Manage the NSA Replication process
o Development and update of the NSA Replication process (Input Data Gate Reviews and Design Replication Justification Reports processes)
o Support to EDF/Edvance for the application of the NSA Replication process (for test-cases and delivery)
Manage SZC RC0, on behalf of SZC Co
- Development and update of the SZC RC0 (definition, content, and live management of the SZC RC0)
o Support to SZC Co and EOC for the consolidation of the overall SZC RC0
o Develop and maintain a process to respond to the List of Deliverables Required from the Employer (LDRE) requests
- Development and update of the NSA RC0 management processes (definition, content, and live management of the NSA RC0)
o Support to Edvance and CNEPE for the consolidation of NSA RC0 and LDRE lists. Edvance and CNEPE are accountable and responsible to manage the NSA RC0 and LDRE of their scopes.
- To perform these activities, the Replication lead is interfacing with, in addition of the members of the PI Team:
SZC Co Project Delivery Organisation / Engineering Integration, the Intelligent Customer of Replication processes
Plant Integration (PI) is a team being created with staff across the UK and France, for Sizewell C project. PI is part of the Technical Directorate of the NSA Consortium. Key responsibilities are the implementation of the different configuration management processes, including HPC replication processes, across the project for the Client and EDF/EDV consortium (NSA) and monitoring the Design Performance Objectives as validated with the SZC Co Client Organisation.
The goal of the replication is to maximise reuse of HPC Design with a strong justification that it meets SZC site specific conditions, whilst controlling the replication baseline (HPC design) that may evolve because of SZC running in parallel of HPC. It is also to ensure that equipment are also replicated from HPC
To be considered we require the following qualifications, experience and Skills
- Significant experience in the nuclear industry with a very good understanding of UK EPR technology and Nuclear Plant Operation
- Technical Integration knowledge / Configuration Management
- Ability to deal with multiple interfaces
- Organisational skills, capability to meet commitments and deadlines
- Leadership, pro-activeness
- Communication & interpersonal skills
Desirable Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Knowledge and understanding of nuclear engineering design sequences and interfaces
- Experience with EPR documentation structure
This position will be based in Aztec West, Bristol (minimum 3 days in the office) ; with occasional travel to France required.