Senior Safety Case Engineer
Framatome Ltd are recruiting for a Safety Case Engineer to join our business. This position will be predominantly based in Gloucester with regular presence in Bristol.
Framatome is a major international player in the nuclear energy market recognised for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for designing, building, maintaining, and advancing the global nuclear fleet.
Framatome designs, manufactures, and installs components, fuel and instrumentation and control systems for nuclear power plants and offers a full range of reactor services.
With 14,000 employees worldwide, we currently employ around 300 staff, and we are constantly growing. Our plans are to increase our headcount to 400-500 by 2025 through the development our UK nuclear service offerings.
The Safety Case Engineer will be responsible for internal and customer requirements in the UK and be a part of a large team in charge of safety case impacts of nuclear plant modification and the risk assessment of such changes.
The safety Case Engineer will also participate in analysis for Framatome product / service proposals looking at their impact on our customer’s plant safety case.
This position will be a senior role responsible for growing and managing a team of Safety Case Authors. The principal responsibilities will include creating, updating, and maintaining a selection of the following:
- Production, revision and maintenance of change documents,
- Production, revision and maintenance of safety case implementation plans
- Production, revision and maintenance outage arrangement documentation
- Reviewing engineering and safety modifications
- Reviewing of existing documentation for assessment of proposed changes
- Updating engineering schedules, safety case libraries and other records
- Organisation and attendance at meetings to understand and communicate requirements to numerous stakeholders in the Framatome and client organisations
- Other tasks as required to maintain the safety case
To be considered, we require the following qualification, skills and experience:
- Degree qualified within an Engineering or Science discipline
- Chartered or working towards Chartered Status
- Strong understanding of safety case documentation, engineering drawings and other related information
- Ability to work independently to high standards and in compliance with legislative, regulatory and company policy standards and procedures e.g. safety, quality, risk, security etc. applicable to the role.
- Strong understanding of standard IT packages and databases
The following skills and experience would be highly advantageous:
- Radiological Consequence Assessment
- Hazard Identification (e.g. HAZOP Study, SWIFT, FMEA, FMECA)
- Fault Tree/ Event Tree Analysis
- RAMs / ARMs
- Safety Management System
- Safety Culture
- Human Factors
- Knowledge of safety case implementation
We are an equal opportunity employer. We value and plan to continue to build on the benefits of our diverse working environment and recognise a priority to improve gender mix.
Everyone will be considered without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
Specialization: TAB - Mechanical, HVAC & Civil Work coordination and management
Level of education (all) Bachelor
Place: United Kingdom, Bristol, Avonmouth
Employment level: Engineer & Executive
Position under administrative investigation: Oui
Item authorizing the screening of narcotics for the prevention of addictions: Oui