Framatome is a major international player in the nuclear energy market recognised for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for designing, building, maintaining, and advancing the global nuclear fleet. The company designs, manufactures, and installs components, fuel and instrumentation and control systems for nuclear power plants and offers a full range of reactor services.
With 14,000 employees worldwide, every day Framatome’s expertise helps its customers improve the safety and performance of their nuclear plants and achieve their economic and societal goals.
Framatome is owned by the EDF Group (75.5%), Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI – 19.5%) and Assystem (5%).
In the UK we are currently over 300 strong and our plans are to grow to 400-500 by 2025 through the development our UK nuclear service offerings.
Due to our ongoing growth, we are currently recruiting for a Site Buyer to be based full time at Hinkley Point C.
The day-to-day tasks of the Site Buyer will involve managing supplier relationships, analysing and comparing supplier quotes, negotiating pricing and delivery terms, and communicating with cross-functional teams to ensure timely and cost-effective procurement processes
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead critical Site procurement
- Manage RFQ process up to the order placement and by strictly applying Framatome’s Supply chain process during sourcing
- Commercial negotiations
- Terms and Conditions negotiations (with support of the Legal team)
- Working closely with all stakeholders to support the business requirements in a timely manner.
- Manage yearly renewal of contracts
- Monitor the good application of rebates / discounts to the negotiated framework agreements
- Support Operational team to release Work Orders
- Monitor supplier delivery performance
- Complete management reporting highlighting successes, mitigations and forecast work
- Perform Contract Closures
The Junior Buyer will be working with the following site purchasing commodities:
Lifting / Rental / PPE / Industrial tooling / scaffolding / Consumables / Reprographics / Trainings / Calibration / Re-packing
To be considered, we require the following skills and experience:
- Fundamental purchasing experience
- SAP experience (essential)
- Experience of driving the completion of tasks respecting deadlines and communicating openly with stakeholders
- Demonstrable sourcing and/or purchasing experience or transferable skills including negotiation, identifying opportunities, and supporting supplier selection to achieve timely execution.
- Proven ability to execute and deliver on commitments.
- Demonstrable professional oral / written communication and influencing skills.
Specialization: SCA - PURCHASING
Level of education (all) Others
Place: United Kingdom, Europe, Hinkley Point C
Employment level: Engineer & Executive
Position under administrative investigation: Oui