As our Structural Engineer of Framatome Ltd you will join the team based in Cranfield and you will support a young design team, perform the design analysis as much as drive them being done using Framatome UK resources/support
- This role is based in Cranfield, UK).
- For this role we are offering a salary of £45,000-£55,000 per annum plus benefits
- 40 Hour work week.
- A good and broad understanding of mechanical structures, pressure loads, thermal constraints, material resistance to a variety of loads in presence of corrosion and the effects of ageing and vibration dynamics gained from either degree/higher education qualification in Mechanical Engineering (or related field) or from equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge and experience in design, maintenance and safety analysis of mechanical structures in safety-critical environments
Knowledge of structural integrity assurance and regulatory compliance in safety critical industries. Knowledge of ASME code is a plus
- Strong background with numerical modelling and computation software, including CAD creation, Finite Element Analysis (FEA) for pressure vessels, lifting structures, crack integrity and piping stress analysis
- Able to assess and manage health and safety risk related to all aspects of the solutions proposed
The main responsibilities will be:
To perform design analysis in accordance with Framatome processes, procedures and design scope;
- To proactively find solutions when design analysis are not conclusive;
- To write reports;
- To write technical queries and concessions requests;
- To perform quick design impact analysis;
- To estimate time required for its production;
- To check design analysis production;
- To proactively give optimisation feedback to its senior analyst engineer or engineering design lead;
- To be capable to define and organise the design analysis package production;
- To justify design impacts and proactively find solutions;
- To contribute when required to design reviews;
- To proactively seek best approaches with regards to HSE requirements;
- To manage design analysis changes and configurations;
- To drive other analyst engineer level 1;
- To manage subcontracted design analysis.
Knowledge of the following software packages:
- HILT Software, CAD: AutoCad, Solidworks ,
- FEA: FEM, ANSYS, Abaqus ,
- Caesar II
- Explicit dynamics: LS-Dyna
Desired Personal Characteristics:
- Confident manner with good presentation skills
- Determination – not easily discouraged or put off
- Passion, enthusiasm and charisma
- Innovative – prepared to see beyond how it has been done before
- Positive outlook – always sees opportunity through any adversity
- Resilient – ready to bounce back from any challenges
- Assertive – gets things done when they need to be
Framatome has an international reputation for offering a large and diverse variety of career opportunities. Our focus is to attract highly talented individuals who share our values before promoting you through our internal development and career mobility opportunities.
Framatome will play a vital part in the delivery of Britain’s ambition to fight climate change and reach Net Zero emissions. It will bring together a number of supply and engineering firms Framatome.
For this opportunity nuclear experience is desirable but not essential. We encourage people from other sectors and the diversity of experience this adds.
As a team member within Framatome you will be expected to achieve success through your engagement with, and demonstration of, our Framatome values and behaviours.
The behaviours we identify in all our high performers include their abilities to:
ensure safety, environment, and compliance
drive for results
collaboration and teamwork
inspirational leadership and change management
developing self and others
holding self and others accountable
Framatome has a set of example “observable behaviours” underpinning each of these and we will be looking for these during the selection phases.
Specialization: TAD - Mechanical Engineering
Min. level of education required Master
Place: United Kingdom, Cranfield, BHR, BHR
Employment level: Engineer & Executive