Technical Configuration Management Engineer
Edvance is a joint venture between EDF and Framatome, an EPCC established in 2018 in charge of the design (basic design) and the realization (studies, procurement, erection, testing and commissioning) of nuclear islands for new projects in France and worldwide.
In particular, Edvance is responsible for the design and construction of the nuclear island for the Hinkley Point C project and prepare the design replication and engineering activities for the Sizewell C (SZC) Project.
For the SZC project, we are currently looking to recruit a Technical Configuration Management Engineer.
The key activities to be carried out as part of the position will be:
- Secretary of the monthly SZC No Change Committee (NCC)
- Secretary of the monthly Technical Direction Forum (TDF) meetings
- Lead of the Configuration Bi-weekly Meetings (CBM)
- Custodianship of Open Point and Design Change processes
- Update/maintenance of the Open Point and Design Change processes
- Oversight of proper implementation of processes and production of associated verification records
- Management of KPIs
Plant Integration (PI) is a team being created with staff across the UK and France. PI is part of the Technical Directorate of the NSA Consortium.
Key responsibilities will involve the implementation of the different configuration management processes across the project for the Client and EDF/EDV consortium (NSA).
The work is performed in an international environment. Management will be in France and will travel regularly to the UK to ensure good level of contact. The majority of stakeholders at the interfaces of the role are based in the UK (Bristol, London).
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Support OP/DC topic leads presenting items at the NCC to ensure relevant stakeholders are involved and that the information presented is fit for purpose (aligned to processes).
- Facilitate interactions with other stakeholders if necessary.
- Ensure at the beginning of the NCC that all required attendees are present
- Manage agendas, invitations, room bookings, etc. The agenda should be validated with the SZC Co Client one week before meeting through the pre-NCC.
- Write minutes of meetings and share them across the project no later than one week after the meeting.
- Manage and record actions
- Ensure SZC DC and SZC OP tools are updated as required following NCCs
- Perform equivalent tasks for the pre-NCC
- Leads the meeting, prepares configuration tracker ahead of the meeting, confirms the meeting agenda, facilitates the discussion around the various configuration topics.
- Manage agendas, invitations, room bookings, etc.
- Update tracker at the end of each meeting with recorded actions, etc.
- Write minutes of meetings.
Update and maintenance of the OP & DC processes
Oversee proper implementation of processes and production of associated verification records
Management of OP & DC KPIs
To be considered, the following qualifications, skills and experiences is required:
- Significant experience in the nuclear industry, or another industry with similar levels of complexity (e.g., aeronautics, automobile, space).
- Ability to deal with multiple interfaces
- Organisational skills
- Leadership, pro-activeness
- Communication & interpersonal skills
- Fluent English
- Configuration management knowledge (desirable)
- Experience in the nuclear sector (desirable)
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering design sequences and interfaces (desirable)
- Knowledge of HPC (or other EPR) project/environment (desirable)
Other knowledge and technical skills
- Ability to work to and meet commitments and deadlines
- Ability to manage own time and workload
- Ability to promote a questioning attitude