Civil and Layout Discipline Manager
EDF EPR Engineering UK (EPR-E) is a subsidiary of Edvance, which is a joint venture between EDF and Framatome, established in 2018 in charge of the design and the realisation of nuclear islands for new projects in France and worldwide.
Due to our ongoing growth, we are recruiting a Civil Works and Layout Manager.
The Civil Works and Layout Discipline Manager is a senior leadership position within EDF EPR Engineering UK (EPR-E) reporting functionally and operationally to the EPR-E Head of Disciplines.
The Civil Works and Layout Discipline Manager is responsible for developing, maintaining, and providing qualified resources to deliver the project activities managed within EPR-E on the following technical scope:
· Civil Works
· Civil Works related Construction
In order to do this, the Discipline Manager must work closely with the relevant disciplines – in the Engineering and Supply Chain Directorate (DESC) and in CNEPE in France – to ensure that, in EPR-E:
- Necessary Engineering competencies are developed and maintained.
- Professional standards, methodologies and tools, inspired by industry best practices are consistently implemented within our projects.
- A culture of performance, simplification and innovation exists within the disciplines.
- Strong project performance is achieved by providing and maintaining the REX or “return on experience” (feedback), engineering processes and technical guidelines aligned to the best international standards and practices.
The Discipline Manager is responsible for:
- The quality of the design activities carried out across their disciplines within project integrated teams (adherence to Edvance engineering manual, standards, processes, tools and methods).
- Providing the necessary technical expertise to support the project integrated teams.
- Ensure consistency within the complete discipline across all products, projects and phases of projects.
- Ensure that appropriate local improvement actions are in place to address under-performance / under-utilisation.
- Ensuring that the Lessons Learned from previous EPR projects are integrated into the scope of EPR-E
- Ensuring that the workload across relevant disciplines embedded in EPR-E is consistent with WFP (Work Force Planning).
- Ensure that the engineers are SQEP in their discipline and organize the training necessary to bring engineers to the required level and build a high performing team. If needed, request competency/resources and/or relevant expertise from other EDF entities.
- Managing the EPR-E GPEC (Resources and competences) and recruitment of both mother company staff and partners by working with the Head of Integrated Teams, and their delegates, to establish recruitment requirements; Acting as the lead hiring manager of the vacancy list; Ensuring the timely review of CVs and selection decisions.
- Managing the relationship with all internal and external stakeholders pertaining to the activities of the relevant disc
To be considered, the following qualifications, skills and experience are required:
- Educated to degree level or higher education level.
- Knowledge of EPR design and engineering process
- Team management experience in nuclear engineering and new nuclear build projects
- Technically credible to subject matter expert level, on the technical scope of Civil Works and Layout
- Excellent negotiation, communication and people engagement skills
- Excellent leadership skills of large teams in complex environments
- Ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Exemplary team and pastoral management skills
- Ability to set, achieve and maintain high standards of safety and quality
Software and tools:
- Microsoft Word/Excel.
- English fluent
- French is a bonus
Alors rejoignez-nous, nous avons plus d’un atome en commun.