Civil Engineer (Bristol)
An our Civil Engineer, you will require to support the HR Civils Team Lead. As part of a team, under the Team Lead, the Civil Engineer will be responsible for modifying and adapting the design received from the Back Office, substantiating the adapted design of the HR Building reinforced concrete structures on the Hinkley Point C project. The civil Engineer will be supported by a group of detailed designers.
Through a secondment to Edvance UK – joint venture with Framatome and EDF – your initial role will be to contribute to the completion of the Hinkley Point C design phase.
Framatome has an international reputation for offering a large and diverse variety of career opportunities. Our focus is to attract highly talented individuals who share our values before promoting you through our internal development and career mobility opportunities.
Framatome will play a vital part in the delivery of Britain’s ambition to fight climate change and reach Net Zero emissions. It will bring together a number of supply and engineering firms Framatome.
For this opportunity nuclear experience is desirable but not essential. We encourage people from other sectors and the diversity of experience this adds.
As a team member within Framatome you will be expected to achieve success through your engagement with, and demonstration of, our Framatome values and behaviours.
The behaviours we identify in all our high performers include their abilities to:
ensure safety, environment, and compliance
drive for results
collaboration and teamwork
inspirational leadership and change management
developing self and others
holding self and others accountable
Framatome has a set of example « observable behaviours » underpinning each of these and we will be looking for these during the selection phases.
As a part of Civils team, the Site Civil Engineer will assist in:
- Modifying reinforced concrete structure designs compliant with the ETC-C, other relevant codes;
- Maintaining Edvance’s QA procedures in delivering the CW design;
- Working with the CAD designers in the preparation of the design drawings/models;
- Managing engineering changes in line with company procedures;
- Liaising with colleagues in Edvance Paris (Malakoff)
- Building layout teams (SDLT) (Site)
- Piping layout team (SDLT) (Site)
- Civils team (Edvance Paris)
- Client (EDF HPC Site)
- Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in engineering;
- Experience in Nuclear civil work OR complex structure;
- Experience in design of concrete and metallic structure;
- Experience in detailed design or conceptual design in an office or on a civil construction site;
- Experience on project dealing with material interfaces
- Experience with on site design support;
- Experience on large projects.
Tools and Competencies
- Ability to propose fit-for-purpose technical solutions in his / her area of expertise;
- Ability to meet commitments and deadlines;
- Understanding and implementation of project engineering procedures;
- Very good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills;
- Good level of communication to be able to support the team and share knowledge;
- Ability to write clearly-expressed and well-presented reports and apply logical thinking;
- Good attention to detail;
- Positive and constructive attitude;
Software and Tools:
- Fluent English
- French (advantageous)
For this role we offer a salary between £40,000-£50,000 depending on experience, plus benefits including but not limited to:
- 25 days annual leave per year (raising one day per 2 years to a maximum of 30 days)
- 8% employer pension contribution (salary sacrifice)
- Individual and family private health care
- Life assurance (4x salary)
- Employee assistance programme (EAP)
- Income Protection
- Professional Body Membership (1 per year)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Language Courses
- Plus more including access to training and development opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We value and plan to continue to build on the benefits of our diverse working environment and recognise a priority to improve gender mix.
Everyone will be considered without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
Spécialité : TAB - Coordination et management Ingéniérie Mécanique, Ventilation et Génie Civil
Niveau d’études (tous) Bac+4
Lieu : Royaume-Uni, Bristol, Aztec West
Niveau d’emploi : Ingénieur & Cadre
Poste soumis à enquête administrative : Oui
Poste autorisant le dépistage des stupéfiants dans le cadre de la prévention des addictions : Oui
Alors rejoignez-nous, nous avons plus d’un atome en commun.