Framatome Ltd are recruiting for Construction Manager to join our project team at Hinkley Point C in Somerset.
Framatome is a major international player in the nuclear energy market recognised for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for designing, building, maintaining, and advancing the global nuclear fleet.
Framatome designs, manufactures, and installs components, fuel and instrumentation and control systems for nuclear power plants and offers a full range of reactor services.
With 14,000 employees worldwide, we currently employ around 300 staff, and we are constantly growing. Our plans are to increase our headcount to 400-500 by 2025 through the development our UK nuclear service offerings.
The Construction Manager will be responsible for the direction, management, implementation, and completion of site.
The role of the Construction Manager will include, but not limited to, the following aspects:
- Ensure Framatome Ltd site works are completed and controlled according to the best practices, to meet customer requirements and minimise risks for the business
- Develop and take responsibility for the site management processes of Framatome Ltd ensuring best practice.
- Directly manage or participate in specific projects, site activitys and bids in all aspects related to site or project management, site work delivery planning, HSE/CDM advisory
- Develop, lead and manage site teams in accordance with project requirements.
- Managing relationships with the client and all stakeholders including third parties/vendors.
- Deliver regular site reports and manage day to day running of the site activities
- Lead by example in helping to foster a strong QHSE culture, and ensure that Supervisory staff are 100% compliant with the HSE regulations at all times.
- Ensure all work activities do not compromise safety or quality.
- Actively participate in reward recognition and in the goal zero harm philosophy.
- Be suitably familiar with the contents of the Quality and HSE Plans to be able to ensure that they are fully complied with.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and customer requirements.
- Ensure that staff has undergone sufficient QHSE training to comply with the project QHSE Training requirements and be able to supervise all works safely.
- Ensure that all mandatory and corporate QHSE reporting is submitted or issued in a timely manner.
- Ensure that an effective coordination with Subcontractors in terms of QHSE is in place
To be considered, we require the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- SMSTS (Site Management Safety Training Scheme) – Essential
- CSCS Managers and Professionals – Essential
- IOSH Managing Safely ILM level 3 – Essential
- NVQ Level 3 Occupational Work Supervision (desirable)
- City and Guilds in Engineering (desirable)
- First Aid training (desirable)
- Experience of managing site activities in excess of £5M
- Knowledge of current Health & Safety regulations in particular Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
- Experience of managing site activities and subcontractors of equipment projects.
- Strong understanding of Finance and cost control
- Strong understanding of Project control and Planning (Primavera and MS Project)
- Strong understanding of Temporary works requirements
- Experience in fabrication of Stainless-steel equipment
- Experience in highly regulated industries
- Experience in Nuclear would be advantageous
- Good understanding of welding and fabrication processes
- Knowledge of Health & Safety regulation
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft software
- High levels of influence and strong leadership capability.
- External Client Management experience
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience of working within multinational teams would be of benefit
Spécialité : D1 - Direction générale, BU
Niveau d’études (tous) CAP/BEP
Lieu : Royaume-Uni, Bridgwater, Hinkley Point C
Déplacements : Non
Niveau d’emploi : Ingénieur & Cadre
Poste soumis à enquête administrative : Oui
Poste autorisant le dépistage des stupéfiants dans le cadre de la prévention des addictions : Oui
Alors rejoignez-nous, nous avons plus d’un atome en commun.