Construction Welding Engineer
EDF EPR Engineering UK (EPR-E) is a subsidiary of Edvance, which is a joint venture between EDF and Framatome, established in 2018 in charge of the design and the realisation of nuclear islands for new projects in France and worldwide.
In particular, EPR-E is responsible for the design and construction of the nuclear island for Hinkley Point C (HPC) project and preparing the design replication and engineering activities for the Sizewell C (SZC) Project.
We are currently recruiting for a Construction Welding Engineer, to work within our JDO team.
The JDO Construction Welding Engineer will be the local Point of Contact for the management of tasks related to welding activities in the scope of works of the Responsible Designer for both BNI and CI/BoP. In particular: topics linked to preparation and installation of nuclear equipment such as containment liner, metallic embedded structures in the civil work of the pools, piping erection, supports, steel work (platforms) and other welding structures.
Those topics relate to field events such as clarification request, adaptation requests, change request, non-conformance, etc. Their implementation requires knowledge of RCC-M code, EDF/HPC technical specifications (Books of Technical Requirements/Specifications).
In this context the JDO Construction Welding Engineer is responsible for:
- Managing requests in his scope of delegated authority, including and understanding of the client needs (technical and schedule constraints
- Detailing, proposing solutions and coordinating the resolution of requests with staff in the back-offices
- Challenging requests and any other topics from the contractors and HPC.
Acting under delegation of the JDO Transverse Technical Branch Manager, the JDO Construction Welding Engineer may be responsible for:
- Participating to design maturity by providing welding expertise regarding update of deliverables (BTS, BTR, piping design catalogue) previously issued by the back-office teams and updated by the JDO teams
- Looking over the continuity (completeness) and the consistency of the design modified by the JDO teams,
- Making sure that methods, referential, tools, process and delegated authority from the back-office teams are complied with
- Looking over the interests of the Responsible Designer in the JDO on a daily basis, in particular with respect to topics such as intellectual property and responsibility of the Responsible Designer further to modification of their design by the JDO teams.
- Advising the client and representing (on site) EPR-E/Edvance regarding welding topics
The JDO Construction Welding Engineer will also be involved in the development of the Welding and Construction discipline within the JDO.
A full and comprehensive description of responsibilities is available on request
To be considered for this position, we require the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree qualified in a Science or a mechanical engineering discipline
- A wealth of experience in specification, design, procurement, and fabrication components.
- Knowledge of RCC-M code
- Knowledge of welding requirements and operations
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D design software
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Knowledge of the HPC project or previous EPR and associated studies/doctrine is a real asset
- Experience in the management of transverse technical and contractual topics
- Excellent Interpersonal skills, conscientiousness, organisation, writing ability.
- Good organizational, writing and oral expression skills in English are essential for the realization of the activities of document production, steering and interfaces with the various correspondents.
- Ability to prioritise, to manage numerous interfaces, to question and understand the imperatives of other downstream disciplines. Ability to meet commitments and deadlines.
The Joint Design Organization (JDO) is an integrated team composed of teams from: the HPC Client (NNB), who leads the JDO; EDVANCE and CNEPE and Contractors who have carried out the detailed design studies. JDO provides technical support at the HPC EPR site for the resolution of the various problems arising during the construction phases and later during the testing and commissioning operations.
Spécialité : TB2 - Construction
Niveau d’études (tous) Bac+4
Lieu : Royaume-Uni, Europe, Hinkley Point C
Niveau d’emploi : Ingénieur & Cadre
Poste soumis à enquête administrative : Oui
Poste autorisant le dépistage des stupéfiants dans le cadre de la prévention des addictions : Oui
Alors rejoignez-nous, nous avons plus d’un atome en commun.