Design Change Lead
EDF EPR Engineering UK (EPR-E) is a subsidiary of Edvance, which is a joint venture between EDF and Framatome, established in 2018 in charge of the design and the realisation of nuclear islands for new projects in France and worldwide.
In particular, EPR-E is responsible for the design and construction of the nuclear island for Hinkley Point C (HPC) project and preparing the design replication and engineering activities for the Sizewell C (SZC) Project.
At HPC we are building two new nuclear reactors, the first in a new generation of nuclear power stations in the UK providing low carbon electricity for around six million homes.
For the SZC project, we are currently looking to recruit a Design Change Lead responsible for the management of all the SZC technical design changes within the Nuclear Island scope. Technical design changes represent a deviation from HPC design and SZC replication strategy. The Design Change Lead will engage closely with technical disciplines and senior architects, to ensure the design changes are thoroughly assessed to support decision making at the relevant forums.
The Design Change Lead is part of the Configuration Management team and reports to the Configuration Manager, within the Technical Directorate department. The Configuration Management team oversees the overall configuration management for the SZC design on the Nuclear Island scope during the preparation of the Nuclear Service Agreement offer and then during the execution of the project, supporting the roll out of the replication strategy.
The key mission of the team is to manage and ensure appropriate maturity of design and replication of the HPC design for all aspects.
The key duties and responsibilities of the Design Change Lead are as follows:
- Manage the contributions to the management of design changes on Nuclear Island (NI) scope through steering of associated design change process, organization of Committees/ Meetings with technical departments and consolidation of the baseline and progress over the NI scope,
- Support the preparation of the NCC (No Change Committee) session when DC (Design Change) on NI scope is included in the agenda
- Manage the SZC-DC Mantis database on NI scope, in interaction with Plant Integration Services and the development team when required,
- Monitor and report on the Design Change key performance indicators and dashboards, and proactively takes actions to improve performance
- Advice on the design change process, to ensure all design changes raised correctly applied the process,
- Ensure the link with the project control team with respect to the contractual validation of the design changes prior to allowing their implementation,
- Support the update of the internal Design Change processes owned by Plant Integration Services,
- Ensure communication between different entities and escalate any issues when necessary to the SZC Project Technical
To be considered, we require the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- Previous knowledge and experience of design processes across multiple engineering disciplines in nuclear reactor sector
- Technically credible with excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Experience of working with transverse teams and in complex environments
- Pragmatic solution focused approach towards resolving technical issues
- Ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to set, achieve and maintain high standards of safety and quality
- Knowledge and experience of the EPR design (desirable)
- Management experience (desirable)
- Ability to communicate in French (desirable)
Spécialité : TAA - Management Ingéniérie et Ingéniérie Systemes
Niveau d’études (tous) Bac+4
Lieu : Royaume-Uni, Bristol, Aztec West
Niveau d’emploi : Ingénieur & Cadre
Alors rejoignez-nous, nous avons plus d’un atome en commun.