Design to Cost & Supplier Development Manager (m/w/d)
This position combines two crucial roles for growth of the organization.
As Design to Cost (DTC) Program Manager you are responsible for leading and managing DTC programs across all the departments. The main objective of this role is to ensure that products are designed and developed within budgetary constraints, while maintaining high-quality standards. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including product development, engineering, procurement, and finance, to achieve cost optimization objectives without compromising quality, performance, and functionality.
As the Manager of supplier development and best practices in the Framatome Purchasing Organization, you will play a vital role in ensuring the quality, reliability, and performance of our supply chain. You will be responsible for managing strategic suppliers, developing partnerships, and driving continuous improvement initiatives. This position will require a strong alignment with different procurement roles and offers a unique opportunity to make a significant impact and contribute to the success of our organization’s goals. With this position you are the key to success of our Supplier quality development.
Develop and implement Design to Cost strategies, policies, and procedures for the organization
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key / strategic suppliers, ensuring the highest level of quality and performance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that Design to Cost principles are embedded throughout the product development lifecycle
- Conduct cost analyses and provide recommendations for cost reduction initiatives even with the supplierbase
- Continuous improvement & best practice management: Drive and support operational excellence initiatives
- Establish and track cost targets and budgets for products and projects; Monitor and report on progress towards cost reduction objectives
- Risk management: Assess and mitigate risks associated with the supply chain
- Lead and manage cost optimization projects, including vendor negotiations, value engineering, and design changes
- Provide training and guidance to team members on Design to Cost principles and methodologies
- Identify, manage and promoto Cost saving and/ Or supplier quality improvement strategies and projects
The ideal candidate should possess excellent analytical, communication, and negotiation skills, along with a deep understanding of product development processes and cost strategies and projects
The ideal candidate should possess excellent analytical, communication, and negotiation skills, along with a deep understanding of product development processes and cost structures.
If you have a passion for cost optimization and enjoy working in a dynamic, cross-functional environment, this may be the perfect job for you.
- Degree in Engineering, Finance, or related field; Master’s degree
- At least 10 years of experience in Design to Cost or cost optimization roles
- Strong understanding and improvement of product development processes and cost structures
- Experience in project management and leading cross-functional teams
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and strategies to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to build relationships with suppliers and stakeholders
- Proficiency in using cost modeling tools and software
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards and regulations
Alors rejoignez-nous, nous avons plus d’un atome en commun.