Instrumentation Contract Engineering Technical Lead
Edvance is a joint venture between EDF and Framatome, an EPCC established in 2018 in charge of the design (basic design) and the realisation (studies, procurement, erection, testing and commissioning) of nuclear islands for new projects in France and worldwide.
Due to our ongoing strength and growth, we are currently looking to recruit an Instrumentation Contract Engineering Lead. This is a valuable and technically stimulating opportunity to work within Edvance UK to support the HPC project which is a vital part of the UK’s future energy strategy.
Edvance UK is responsible for delivering the design for a number of NI buildings, systems and equipment contracts for the Hinkley Point C EPR Project through an integrated team, support to HPC construction and commissioning activities, and preparing design replication feasibility and engineering activities for the Sizewell C Project.
The NI Process and Systems department hosts the instrumentation scope by carrying out the engineering activities of industrial sensors, as well as the associated frames. The sensors in question are mainly temperature sensors, pressure sensors, level measurements and flow measurements.
The Contract Engineering Lead will act as the Responsible Designer central point of contact for the contract which fall under their responsibility. The service is closely interfaced with all of EDVANCE’s engineering disciplines (control-command, layout, piping, safety, etc.).
Key responsibilities and activities of the role are as follows:
- Main point of contact for the client organisation concerning all topics linked to the contract and to produce support to the Client organisation for technical issue (proactivity during the resolution part)
- Ensure the technical management of the supplier and support the Client in its contractual relationship with the supplier during the contract execution phase, in particular with regard to compliance with the schedule, (costs, and scope of supply and studies).
- Review supplier documents according to technical referential in time with good level of quality and coordinate the documentary review of the various contributors
- Produce comment sheets via the dedicated tool to the supplier and perform discussion with supplier if needed
- Manage modifications on the contracts; to inform suppliers and send to the Client via dedicated tools
- Entry point for all modifications, technical issues or non-conformities coming from site activities
- Ensure the management of risks, opportunities, open points and modifications of its contract with the Client.
- Follow-up of the activity of manufacturing for HPC Unit 2 in interface with other stakeholders
- Manage the interfaces with all disciplines implicated in the contract (piping, layout, I&C, etc.); and especially with the qualification part performed in EDVANCE France
To be considered for this position, we require the following qualifications, skills and experience
- Degree qualified within an Electrical / Electronic engineering discipline.
- Strong and competent specification, design, procurement and installation of instrumentation components experience
- Knowledge of RCC-E code
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D design software
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Knowledge of the HPC project or previous EPR and associated studies/doctrine is a real asset
- Experience in the management of transverse technical and contractual topics
- Excellent Interpersonal skills, conscientiousness, organisation, writing ability.
- Good organisational, writing and oral expression skills in English are essential for the realisation of the activities of document production, steering and interfaces with the various correspondents.
- Ability to prioritise, to manage numerous interfaces, to question and understand the imperatives of other downstream disciplines.
- Ability to meet commitments and deadlines.
- Ability to converse in French would be an advantage
Alors rejoignez-nous, nous avons plus d’un atome en commun.