Junior IT Support Technician
Framatome is a major international player in the nuclear energy market recognised for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for designing, building, maintaining, and advancing the global nuclear fleet. The company designs, manufactures, and installs components, fuel and instrumentation and control systems for nuclear power plants and offers a full range of reactor services.
With 14,000 employees worldwide, every day Framatome’s expertise helps its customers improve the safety and performance of their nuclear plants and achieve their economic and societal goals.
Framatome is owned by the EDF Group (75.5%), Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI – 19.5%) and Assystem (5%).
In the UK we are currently over 300 strong and our plans are to grow to 400-500 by 2025 through the development our UK nuclear service offerings.
We are currently recruiting for an Junior IT Support Technician to support our growing IT function at our Head Office in Avonmouth.
The Junior IT Support Technician will provide support for the main IT service Engineer at our Avonmouth site and assisting with the local network infrastructure, ensuring its health and compliance, support the PC fleet and the current 300 users of the Framatome IT network across our sites, including Hinkley Point C, and their respective local IT support engineers. As the Junior IT Service Engineer, you will be liaising with the wider IT team, and will report directly to our IT Service Engineer in Avonmouth.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Local IT support to Avonmouth users.
Provide daily technical support to end-users via various channels, including, phone, email, and in-person, to resolve hardware, software, and network-related issues promptly.
- Monitoring and maintaining networks and servers.
- Liaising and coordinating with other Framatome sites (Cranfield in particular) and the IT manager of this site.
- Upgrading, installing, and configuring new hardware and software to meet company objectives.
- Setting up and managing users needs e.g., PC, printers, badges etc.
- Managing end user’s rights on local infrastructure.
- Providing proximity gesture e.g. switches, servers, Wi-Fi access points etc.
- Resolving local incidents and creating action plans for fixes and continuous improvement.
- Working alongside the central IT teams in Paris, France, to deliver consistent policies, processes and practices where possible.
- Ensuring AD and exchange objects management in collaboration with AD and exchange central teams.
- Creating user accounts and performing access control.
- Provide exceptional customer support.
- Maintain and create IT documentation.
- Performing diagnostic tests and debugging procedures to optimize computer systems.
- Documenting processes, as well as backing up and archiving data, guaranteeing compliance with the IT group rules.
To be considered, we require the following skills and experience:
- Strong customer service focus
- Positive attitude and desire to develop in a fast-paced growing business.
- Experience in a similar role managing large quantities of users.
- Experience in Active directory and exchange
- Experience in basic Level 1 desktop support
- Solid knowledge of best practices in IT administration and system security.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High-level of self-motivation, independence, and self-reliance.
- Confident communicator on the telephone and in person.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Keen attention to detail with a self-starter attitude
- Experience of IAM
French language skills
Alors rejoignez-nous, nous avons plus d’un atome en commun.