Layout Buildings Lead (Joint Design Organisation)
EPR-e is responsible for delivering the design for several NI and CI-BOP buildings, systems and equipment contracts for the Hinkley Point C EPR Project through an integrated team, for supporting to HPC construction and commissioning activities, and for preparing design replication feasibility and engineering activities for the Sizewell C Project.
The Joint Design Organization (JDO) is an integrated team composed of teams from: the HPC Client (NNB), who leads the JDO; EPR-e and Contractors who have carried out the detailed design studies. As part of its scope of delegation, JDO provides technical support at the HPC EPR site for the resolution of the various challenges and issues arising during the construction phases and later during the testing and commissioning operations.
The position of “Layout Buildings Lead” aims at support the field design activities and particularly manage layout subjects which imply several disciplines on the scope of the allocated buildings.
The Joint Design Office (JDO) is part of the HPC Engineering Directorate. The JDO gathered members from the Client and from the Responsible Designer. All members of JDO representing the Responsible Designer are part of EPR-e. Within its scope of delegated authority, the JDO provides technical support to the HPC site for the resolution of technical challenges and issues arising during construction works as well as erection, commission and testing. The JDO is also in charge of the resolution of open points and design changes which haven’t been closed prior to site activities.
Within this organization the JDO Layout Buildings Lead report to the JDO Layout Team Lead and if necessary to the JDO Layout Discipline Lead. The position is located on Hinkley Point C construction site.
The JDO Layout Buildings Lead works on technical topics related in the scope of works of the Responsible Designer for all buildings allocated to the role Those topics relate to field events such as Open Point (OP), Design Change, Request For Information (RFI), Field Change Request (FCR) and Non-Conformance Report (NCR). In this context the JDO Layout Buildings Lead is responsible for:
- Managing and monitoring requests in his scope of delegated authority,
- Challenging requests and any other topics from the contractors and HPC
- Entrusting activities to Layout Engineer (depending on the autonomy of the Engineer, should be necessary to give a clear definition, a level of priority and a deadline) and tracking until closure.
- Detailing, proposing solutions and coordinating the resolution of requests with staff in other JDO-DT discipline and/or in the back-offices,
- Check the activities performed by other Layout Engineer to guaranty a high level of quality and right first Time in the scope.
- Guaranty a uniformity of treatment of Layout queries on the scope
- Managing UK-DC and OPM action in Layout scope to respect the Closure need dates.
- Support the JDO Team Lead and JDO Layout Discipline.
To be considered, we require the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Science, engineering degree or equivalent
- Fundamental experience in design and/or Layout topics in the following disciplines: civil work, layout, piping, HVAC, Elec
- Knowledge and understanding of layout rules for Nuclear project
- Knowledge of the general operation of nuclear power station and the associated safety aspects (in particular, aspects relating to flooding, fire, radiological protection, etc.);
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D design software;
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Knowledge of the HPC project or previous EPR and associated studies/doctrine is a real asset
- Experience in the management of transverse technical topics
- Excellent Interpersonal skills, conscientiousness, organisation, writing ability.
- Good organizational, writing and oral expression skills in English are essential for the realization of the activities of document production, steering and interfaces with the various correspondents.
- Ability to prioritise, to manage numerous interfaces, to question and understand the imperatives of other disciplines.
- Ability to meet commitments and deadlines.
This position will be based at our Aztec West offices in Bristol with hybrid working available (min 3 days in office)
Spécialité : TAA - Management Ingéniérie et Ingéniérie Systemes
Niveau d’études (tous) Bac+4
Lieu : Royaume-Uni, Europe, Aztec West
Niveau d’emploi : Non cadre
Alors rejoignez-nous, nous avons plus d’un atome en commun.