NI Auxiliaries Technical Lead
Edvance is a joint venture between EDF and Framatome, an EPCC established in 2018 in charge of the design (basic design) and the realization (studies, procurement, erection, testing and commissioning) of nuclear islands for new projects in France and worldwide.
In particular, Edvance is responsible for the design and construction of the nuclear island for the Hinkley Point C project and prepare the design replication and engineering activities for the Sizewell C (SZC) Project.
The SZC project is managed by a project team, partly located in France and in the UK. The strategy for SZC is for most of the scope of NI design replication activities to be lead and managed in the UK from the Bristol office.
For the SZC project, we are currently looking to recruit for the role of NI Auxiliaries Technical Lead.
The NI Auxiliaries Technical Lead will be based in the UK (Bristol) and will require ad hoc travels to France (mainly Paris), London and the Sizewell site.
The position operationally reports to the Senior Architect, NI Auxiliaries in Edvance.
The NI Auxiliaries Technical Lead is responsible for the optimisation of all technical activities and the coordination and integration of the NI Auxiliaries products. Particularly in charge with the oversight of the configuration management activities related to the NI Auxiliaries scope.
The key duties, responsibilities and deliverables of the NI Auxiliaries Technical Lead are as follows:
- Engage with the NI Auxiliaries team members, the CEL of SZC Equipment branch and the technical departments of ‘Direction Engineering & Supply Chain’ (DESC) of Edvance, to ensure that all aspects of the products for the NI Auxiliaries scope are integrated and coordinated
- Support the technical departments in the Design Replication Justification process
- Collaborate with the NI Technical Directorate and other NI Senior Architects to drive the design stability to maximize the replication and next of a kind effect
- Manage and ensure appropriate maturity of design for all aspects of the NI Auxiliaries scope, which includes design changes, open points, interfaces, non-conformance report management
- Ensure the resolution of the transverse technical issues, impacting several buildings/systems/contracts that cannot be solved at a lower level
- Support the Data Management ensuring the data quality, supported by the various data owners, and the resolution of data inconsistencies, and associated design impacts
- Perform close monitoring of the HPC design changes on the NI Auxiliaries scope, arising both in the RD back-office and JDO, and engage with relevant discipline leads when the replicability of the change is at challenge
- Contribute to the preparation of the Technical Direction Forum (TDF), No Change Committee (NCC), Weekly Configuration Meeting (WCM) on NI Auxiliaries topics
To be considered, we require the following qualifications, skills and experience:
Degree qualified Engineer (in an appropriate scientific or engineering discipline)
Proven successful experience in Nuclear Engineering
- Knowledge of EPR design, UK context is a plus
- Experience in multi-disciplinary teams on large projects
- Knowledge of System Engineering principles
- Ability to take a strategic view with good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate at all levels
- Ability to write and review technical documents which present complex arguments clearly
- Ability to take a proactive approach to management and resolution of technical topics
- Motivated and disciplined with an ability to work to deadlines and prioritise work across multiple workstreams
- Strong organisational and communication skills, able to liaise between multiple stakeholders and maintain a clear overview for specific topics
- English fluent (minimum B2)
- French is a plus
Spécialité : O3 - Support à la performance
Niveau d’études (tous) Bac+4
Lieu : Royaume-Uni, Europe, Aztec West
Déplacements : 25%
Niveau d’emploi : Ingénieur & Cadre
Alors rejoignez-nous, nous avons plus d’un atome en commun.