PMO Manager (SZC Project Coordination)
EPR-E are currently recruiting for a PMO Manager for the SZC Project directorate.
On behalf of the NSA Project Directorate, the Project Control Team is responsible for monitoring the costs, managing the risks & opportunities and, the time schedule, and measuring the overall performance of the NSA as well as ensuring the global role of project management office (“PMO”). The Project Control Team provides to the NSA Project Director a global overview of the project’s situation.
The NSA Project Directorate team is leading the Consortium and is responsible for the overall project management of the NSA execution.
It is composed of four scopes of work which are responsible for:
- Technical direction
- Project control management
- Contract management
- Quality management
Within the Project Control Team, the PMO team’s main goals are to:
- Set up and implement an integrated delivery monitoring process to monitor efficiently the delivery of the engineering activities as per the commitments stated in the NSA.
- Ease decision making while providing an integrated and objective overview of the project status through relevant performance measurement indicators.
- Ensure a consistent management of the project documentation.
The NSA PMO Manager is accountable for the PMO team’s achievements. Responsibilities will include:
The PMO framework management
- Sets up the PMO framework (delivery monitoring process, interfaces, etc.) consistent with the NSA Project Control Manager and the NSA Project Director expectations.
- Ensures the correct application of the PMO framework along the NSA delivery, whether this is within the NSA Project Directorate team or within the Consortium members.
- Coordinates the PMO Managers of the Consortium members.
- Updates on a regular basis the PMO framework considering internal lessons learnt process and also external benchmark, aiming at applying the most relevant standards and methods related to the PMO activities.
The PMO skills management
- Identifies and find the needed skills to run the PMO activities
- Coordinates the PMO team’s activities, including weekly routines and provide support where needed.
- Challenges the work performed by the PMO team with an operational excellence approach.
- The Delivery performance report
- Reports the delivery performance of the NSA to SZC Co, to the NSA Project Director and to the other EDF Group stakeholders.
- Manages the Collaboration action plans between the Consortium and SZC Co.
- The Support to the internal governance process
Be in support of the Project Control Manager and the NSA Project Director to prepare steering committees.
The support to the SZC project controls’ digital transformation
Coordinates the SZC project controls’ needs regarding the digital transformation of the PMO roles
To be considered, the following qualifications, skills and experience are essential:
- Master’s degree in engineering or management
- Significant experience, with at least one significant experience in new nuclear projects and project management position.
- English Level: B2 minimum as per Common European Framework of References for Language (CEFRL). C1 preferred.
- Software skills: Primavera, Power BI & Paladin are required; Good command of Pack Office.
- Leadership in coordination
- Ability to deliver under constraints
- Client focused
- Excellent time management skills
- Passionate about large project challenges
Desirable Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- French speaking; past experience in French companies/Groups
Please note: Regular travels to the workplaces of the Consortium members required to France: Tours and Montrouge.
The Sizewell C (“SZC”) project’s goal is to replicate the Hinkley Point C design to build two EPR reactors on the Sizewell site, located on the East Coast of England. The British Government aims at renewing the existing nuclear fleet to achieve its Net Zero objectives by 2050.
SZC will supply power to 6 million homes and will save 9 million tons of CO2 emissions for every year of operation. When operating, SZC will employ 900 people, in addition to the thousands of jobs needed for maintenance outages.
SZC provides the UK with a unique opportunity to develop a nuclear new build which is the ‘second of a kind’ and will demonstrate significant cost and risk savings from such an approach.
The Consortium composed of EDF SA and Edvance is expected to provide the design of the two nuclear powerplants in the framework of the Nuclear Services Agreement (“NSA”) i.e., the contract that will be signed between the Consortium and the SZC Generation Company (“SZC Co” or the “Client”). The NSA is expected to be signed at the end of the first quarter of 2024.
Alors rejoignez-nous, nous avons plus d’un atome en commun.