EDF EPR Engineering UK (EPR-E) is a subsidiary of Edvance, which is a joint venture between EDF and Framatome, established in 2018 in charge of the design and the realisation of nuclear islands for new projects in France and worldwide.
In particular, EPR-E is responsible for the design and construction of the nuclear island for Hinkley Point C (HPC) project and preparing the design replication and engineering activities for the Sizewell C (SZC) Project.
For EDF EPR Engineering UK, we are currently looking to recruit for the role of Quality Engineer.
The role of Quality Engineer provides a range of quality activities in support of the integrated engineering teams working on the HPC Project at EPR-E. They will interact with the team in Bristol and on HPC site to ensure consistency of quality management on the project.
The role reports to the Integrated Team Quality Manager and is part of the EPR-E Nuclear Safety & Quality team. The position arises due to the rotation of Edvance SAS personnel and the scope transfer of design work to EPR-E in the UK. As a result, this position will be based in Bristol, UK (with occasional travel to Paris as part of the team is located in France).
The Quality Engineer will form key relationships with:
Integrated engineering teams based in Bristol (EPR-E) and Paris (Edvance)
- EPR-E Nuclear Safety & Quality Manager & Team
- Edvance Quality team members and managers based in France
Principal Accountabilities and activities of the Quality Engineer will include:
Quality Management System:
- Support the organisation in maintaining and developing the Quality Management System (QMS) to meet external standards (ISO 9001, GSR Part 2, ISO 19443 etc) and customer requirements
- Managing the non-conformance and corrective/preventive action processes on the project, including the co-ordination of stakeholders and conduct of root cause analyses
- Contributing to the continuous improvement process by identifying ways of enhancing the effectiveness of the IMS and the Project’s Quality Culture
- Reviewing and providing advice on the Project quality documentation.
- Contribution to the preparation of audit plans and reports
- Follow-up of audit findings.
- Preparation and presentation of Quality Management related training.
- Monitoring and reporting on quality-related performance indicators
- Preparing reports as required for Management Reviews.
To be considered, the following qualifications, experience and skills are required:
- Engineering or science degree (or equivalent qualification)
- Working knowledge of the ISO 9001: 2015 and ISO 19443: 2018 standards requirements
- Knowledge and experience of the development and implementation of Quality Management Systems
- Knowledge of quality related continuous improvement tools (e.g. 8D method)
- Preparation, review, issuance and control of documents
- Non-conformance management
- Fluent English.
The following are desirable:
- Experience of EPR-specific quality management processes e.g. General Quality Assurance Specification (GQAS) & Quality Related Activities (QRA)
- Experience with delivering training in quality management topics
- Experience in performance of Root Cause Analysis activities
- Experience working in a nuclear, engineering or design office environment
- Formal auditor qualification accredited to ISO9001 or ISO19443
- Working knowledge of French language.
- Proactive and confident in communicating with others
- Ability to influence and encourage decisions
- Ability to effectively manage own workload, produce high quality documents and respect deadlines.
Alors rejoignez-nous, nous avons plus d’un atome en commun.