Quality Engineer – Surveillance
Framatome Ltd are going through significant growth and constantly increasing its presence in the United Kingdom.
We are involved in a number of major projects in particular on site at Hinkley Point C. Due our constant demand and growth, we are looking to recruit a Quality and Mechanical Surveillance Engineer with mechanicals and welding competencies to follow the installation activities on the construction site of Hinkley Point EPR power plant in the UK.
As a QA Surveillance Engineer for Framatome, you will benefit from a team covering the surveillance of nuclear equipment manufacturing and installation destinated to worldwide power plants.
The key objective will be to ensure the safekeeping of the contractual and technical requirements, the manufacturing or installation follow up and the on-time delivery of equipment answering to the highest level of quality standards. The surveillance engineer is a key player during these activities, as the main internal Framatome representative.
The Quality Surveillance Engineer will work closely with other entities, such as Project, Engineering, Installation, Procurement, Cost, to guarantee the compliance of the equipment or activity delivered.
This position offers the opportunity to build technical skills on a wide range of equipment, such as reactor pressure vessel, steam generator, pumps, valves, or Instrumentation & Control and more, with international and construction site possibility of experience.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Verification of the compliance of the activity with the contract requirements, at every key step defined in accordance with the surveillance plan.
- Supporting the technical documents review, such as follow up document, QRA (Quality-Related-Activity) list, welding book, Non Destructive Testing procedure, testing procedure…)
- Participation in the project progress meetings or periodical meetings with the customer, suppliers or third parties.
- Follow-up and reporting of the quality performance
- Review of the End of Installation reports to verify the compliance with contract, technical and regulatory requirements
- Verification of the deployment of operational excellence culture
To be considered, we require the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Qualified to Master’s degree level in Science, with specialisation in Metallurgy, Material, Advanced Mechanics or general mechanical engineering.
- Certifications in welding or NDT, such as IWE, IWT, BINDT/PCN, TWI/CSWIP, AWS and IIW required
- Considerable experience in a highly regulated industry with nuclear or construction a distinct advantage.
- Manufacturing processes knowledge (welding, foundry, forge.)
- Destructive (chemical or mechanical testing) and non destructive testing (PT, UT, RT, EC, MT) knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Quality disciplines.
- Ability to read and understand the technical engineering documents of scheme
- Knowledge of manufacturing codes such as RCCM, ASME or CODAP.
- Awareness of NPE Policy or regulatory rules for under pressure equipment
- Ability to be critical and analytical minded to be able to identify deviations and to contribute to their resolution
- IWE – International Welding Engineer
- IWT – International Welding Technologist
- AWS – American Welding Society (ASNT)
- PCN – Personnel Certification in Non Destructive Testing
- IIW – International Institute of Welding
Alors rejoignez-nous, nous avons plus d’un atome en commun.