Safety Technical Coordinator
Edvance is Recruiting for a Safety Technical Coordinator for our Sizewell C Project.
Edvance is a joint venture between EDF (80%) and Framatome (20%), an EPCC established in 2018 in charge of the design (basic design) and the realization (studies, procurement, erection, testing and commissioning) of nuclear islands for new projects in France and worldwide.
In particular, Edvance is responsible for the design and construction of the nuclear island for the Hinkley Point C project and prepare the design replication and engineering activities for the Sizewell C (SZC) Project.
The Safety Technical Coordinator will be the technical lead for a team of technically qualified staff producing a broad range of deliverables in the Safety scope, as well as represent SZC TD Safety across various forums to provide updates on progress with the Safety Scope.
This role will form part of the SZC Project Technical Directorate (TD)
Within Technical Directorate, the Safety Team are responsible for the overall coordination of activities relating to the following technical topic areas: Safety Functional Requirements, Hazards, Fault Studies, PSA, Human Factors, Security, Structural Integrity, Environment, Decommissioning, Fire and Radiation Protection
The Safety Technical Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining and exerting the technical authority of the project. Demonstrating full control of the SZC Nuclear Island technical integration, the Technical Directorate, set up the replication strategy on the NI scope, ensure the technical integration of the contributions from all disciplines, coordinate the project delegates within technical department, implement and deliver the overall engineering process.
The SZC Project is managed by a project team, partly located in the UK and in France. The strategy for SZC is for most of the scope of Nuclear Island (NI) design replication activities to be lead and managed in the UK from the Edvance UK Bristol office.The Role
The key duties and responsibilities of the Safety Technical Coordinator are as follows:
- Technical Lead for a team of technical engineers responsible for the production of deliverables in the Safety scope for EDVANCE, maintaining oversight of the content and quality of the deliverables produced by that team
- Review the technical deliverables produced by the team and provide support for the relevant kick off meetings
- Support the Safety Manager to set up annual objectives for the team
- Monitor the ongoing development and delivery of those technical deliverables and activities carried out by the team, aiding with the resolution of technical issues as required
- Ensure consistency in activities across the different technical topics across the Safety scope and wider SZC Project (as needed)
- Update on a regular basis the relevant documents framing the organisation of the technical delivery on the safety scope to time and quality
To be considered for this unique role, we require the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree qualified Engineer (in an appropriate scientific or engineering discipline)
- Experience in a relevant position such (preferably from a highly regulated industry) for both Safety and coordination of projects
- The ability to take a strategic view with good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate at all levels
- Able to write and review technical documents which present complex arguments clearly
- Take a proactive approach to management and resolution of technical topics
- Motivated and disciplined with an ability to work to deadlines and prioritise work across multiple workstreams
- Strong organisational and communication skills, able to liaise between multiple stakeholders and maintain a clear overview for specific topics,
Desirable Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge of the EPR design or other PWR designs
- Knowledge of Environment, Structural integrity, Decommissioning or Human Factors
- Strong Leadership skills
- French communication would be a bonus.
Alors rejoignez-nous, nous avons plus d’un atome en commun.