Senior HVAC Systems Engineer
EDF EPR Engineering UK (EPR-E) is a subsidiary of Edvance, which is a joint venture between EDF and Framatome, established in 2018 in charge of the design and the realisation of nuclear islands for new projects in France and worldwide.
EPR-E is responsible for the design and construction of the nuclear island for Hinkley Point C (HPC) project and preparing the design replication and engineering activities for the Sizewell C (SZC) Project.
At HPC we are building two new nuclear reactors, the first in a new generation of nuclear power stations in the UK providing low carbon electricity for around six million homes.
Due to our continuous growth, we are looking to recruit a Senior HVAC System Engineer to support our current projects.
The Senior HVAC System Engineer will be a part of the HVAC System Engineering Service which consists in and will support all activities performed by engineers in the HVAC Systems team.
Activities will consist of:
System design and system integration into overall HPC design
- Review and update the system documentation, as well as formulating the mechanical, electrical, nuclear safety, and control logic requirements in compliance with the engineering rules, methodologies, quality processes, and tools
- Analysis and verification of input data, requirements, and lessons learnt from other stations
- Sizing of components e.g., pumps, pipework, fans, tanks, performing thermal-hydraulic calculation and modelling with in house or commercial tools
- Support to procurement team in formulation of technical specification and supplier surveillance
Technical/peer checking of reports and other technical documentation
- Ensuring technical content provided in compliance with the quality process and engineering guidelines
- Work on and advise on technical topics
- Solve technically challenging and multi-disciplinary issues in a timely pro-active manner
- Provide guidance and advice to overall team on technical topics Modification and configuration management
- Managing requests for modifications to system(s) checking their applicability
- Develop and present technical solutions suitable for all impacted disciplines that support design stability strategy
Participation in the Handover strategy of systems
- Attend kick off meeting and maturity review
- Review and analysis of handed-over system’s modifications and configuration management
- Support procurement and layout teams with system inputs needed to the contractual instructions during the handover sequence
Constantly provide proactive and positive engagement with all stakeholders around the HVAC systems to ensure the delivery of a product meets the requirements set by all disciplines (layout, civil, hazard, nuclear safety, environment, configuration management, procurement)
To be considered, we require the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Extensive process engineering experience.
- Relevant experience in the nuclear industry
- Ability to effectively manage own workload in order to produce high quality documents and respect deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately, both written and orally, in English
- Proactive and confident in communicating with others, particularly those based in remote offices including France, and Germany.
- Proactive in developing positive working relations with others within the project
- Continuously looking for opportunities to improve quality of engineering studies and the subsequent documentation produced
- Knowledge of EPR system design principles, Instrumentation and Control architecture and Safety Classification (desirable)
- Experience of working on an operating plant or on an industrial site (desirable)
- Ability to speak and write technical documents in French (desirable)
Alors rejoignez-nous, nous avons plus d’un atome en commun.