Framatome is a major international player in the nuclear energy market recognized for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for designing, building, maintaining, and advancing the global nuclear fleet.
The company designs, manufactures, and installs components, fuel and instrumentation and control systems for nuclear power plants and offers a full range of reactor services.
With 14,000 employees worldwide, every day Framatome expertise helps its customers improve the safety and performance of their nuclear plants and achieve their economic and societal goals.
Partly owned by EDF Energy, we currently employ 320 staff, and our plans are to grow to 400-500 by 2025 through the development of our UK nuclear service offerings.
Due to this continued and ongoing growth, we are looking to recruit a Site Surveyor to be based on site at Hinkley Point C.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Site Surveyor will be mainly responsible for supporting the installation team through all phases of the construction project.
You will be centered within the IB EM2 installation team, under the guidance of the site manager and according to the instructions of the IB EM2 technical instructions.
This position will also involve preparing the survey activities, performing them, implementing Quality Assurances processes and supplying project deliverables & QA reports to the IB EM Site and Survey Managers
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Preparing surveys activities, which includes both operational and QA aspects
- Undertaking land / topographic and engineering surveys, using a variety of specialist devices, tools and technology, mainly: –
– Total station (LEICA TDRA 6000 or TS60)
– Optical level (Wild NA2) + micrometer (GMP3)
– Laser tracker (LEICA AT40x) digital photogrammetry
– (V-STARS system)
- Assisting IB EM2 installation team to properly locate the equipment within the buildings within the acceptable tolerance
- Provide clear and detailed treatment and analysis of results of measurements according to survey procedures, using the following software, but not limited to:
– MS Office (Words, Excel, PowerPoint)
– Spatial Analyzer
– Tracker Pilot
Day to day overall duties:
- Preparing survey activity
- Reading survey procedures
- Collect and/or calculate data to be used
- Check measurements equipment and tools
- Check location of survey to be sure that the survey prerequisites are met
- Presenting data to IB EM2 installation team and writing reports
- Producing technical report on accuracy of equipment’s position within buildings and compare it to the theoretical location
- Advising about technical matters
- Working both on site and in an office as required
To be considered, we are looking for applicants who has the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree qualified in Geomatics /Engineering Surveying (Preferred but not essential)
- ICES/RICS (Desirable but not essential)
- Technical Qualifications (for instance NVQ/HNC required)
- Minimum of 2 years within a similar role
- Specialist technical surveying skills and/or Engineering and/or Metrology
- Experience of large Infrastructure projects and/or Industry and/or Piping and/or Metrology
- Must have experience in the use of polar system devices (Total Station or Laser Tracker)
- Experience with Spatial Analyzer software is a distinct advantage
- 3D perception of space
- Numeracy and the ability to make mathematical calculations
- The ability to understand and interpret data
- Respecting QA processes, workflows and responsibilities
- Lateral and logical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Verbal and written communication skills, specifically to make understand the subtleties of survey activities to non-specialists
- Problem solving and analysis
Spécialité : Q1 - Surveillance & Inspection
Niveau d’études (tous) Bac+4
Lieu : Royaume-Uni, Bridgwater, Hinkley Point C
Niveau d’emploi : Ingénieur & Cadre
Alors rejoignez-nous, nous avons plus d’un atome en commun.