System Integrator (Fluid Systems Team)
EDF EPR Engineering UK (EPR-E) is a subsidiary of Edvance, which is a joint venture between EDF and Framatome, established in 2018 in charge of the design and the realisation of nuclear islands for new projects in France and worldwide
In particular, EDF EPR Engineering UK is responsible for delivering the design for a number of Nuclear Island buildings, systems and equipment contracts for the Hinkley Point C EPR Project through an integrated team, support to Hinkley Point C (HPC) construction and commissioning activities and preparing design replication feasibility and engineering activities for the Sizewell C Project (SZC). Therefore, a Disciplines Directorate is being created, responsible for the engineering disciplines and technical expertise required to deliver the different engineering projects through integrated teams in EDF EPR Engineering UK.
The System Integrator will lead, coordinate, support, and participate to activities performed within the Fluid Systems team.
This team oversees the design of a wide scope of EPR systems within the Nuclear Island:
Cooling systems (RRI, PTR, 9PTR)
Sampling systems (REN, RES)
Containment systems (EVU, EPP, ETY)
Discharge systems (KER, TER, 9SEK)
Decontamination system (9SBE)
Fire-fighting systems (JPI, JPV)
Distribution systems (SAA, SAT, SAR, SGN, SGH, SGA, SGO, SED, SER, SEP, SEH, SEO, SIR, SKR, SNL)
The System Integrator acts as a technical and change coordinator and is responsible for managing the progress of the configuration-related activities within the team:
- Steering the resolution of design open points piloted within the SCF team
- Driving and performing a technical check on the design changes opening, specification, implementation and closure by the system engineers.
- Overseeing the interface notes between the SCF team and the other entities
The System Integrator fulfils this role by:
- Defining and cascading priorities accordingly with the project milestones (buildings’ handovers, equipment contracts’ deadlines, etc.)
- Providing technical support and advice to the system engineers and technical leads in the optioneering and resolution of multi-disciplinary issues in a timely pro-active manner
- Facilitating and coordinating with the interfaced disciplines (layout, civil, contracts, nuclear safety, hazards, electrical, I&C, environment, commissioning, etc.)
- Following-up the progress and escalating blocking points to the relevant stakeholders within HPC project including RD and client’s scope
- Organising and facilitating the team’s participation in the relevant committees (NIAM, DCC, CMB, OPEX, etc.)
- Promoting stability of the design, challenging optioneering and need for modifications before design change opening
- Ensuring completeness of impacts and consistency before integration of design change
- Overseeing the timely update of specification data bases (TAGS2D, Diagrams, BANANAS)
To be considered, we require the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Mechanical or Process Engineering degree or equivalent qualification
- Wealth of experience within process engineering or relevant experience in the HPC project
- Relevant experience in the nuclear industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively manage own workload in order to produce high quality documents and respect deadlines, ability to work under pressure, ability to anticipate difficulties and able to balance conflicting priorities
- Ability to productively coach and support others within the team
- Good organizational, writing and oral expression skills in English are essential for the realization of the activities of document production, steering and interfaces with the various correspondents
- Proactive and confident in communicating with others, particularly those based in remote offices including France, Germany.
- Proactive in developing positive working relations with others within the project
- Continuously looking for opportunities to improve quality of engineering studies and the subsequent documentation produced
- Knowledge of EPR system design principles, Instrumentation and Control architecture, operation and safety classification/rules
- Experience of working on an EPR project, operating plant or on an industrial site
- Knowledge of main cooling systems / sampling systems / fire-fighting systems / distribution systems on an EPR project, in particular RRI, PTR, EVU, JPx systems design, or other BNI systems’ design
- Ability to read technical documents in French
Alors rejoignez-nous, nous avons plus d’un atome en commun.